My lipo is in need of a medic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowanjr420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. BigRock 4x4
So I storage charged my smc 6s a week ago went to go charge it and I'm at 1.6 volts and keeps telling me connection break any ideas of how to charge it or is it dead

That thing is scuffed... make sure you don’t have a bad connection lol... 1.6 volts wow. Check all the wires because judging by your charger’s message, the battery might be fine, a bad connection is making the reading wacky.

That thing is scuffed... make sure you don’t have a bad connection lol... 1.6 volts wow. Check all the wires because judging by your charger’s message, the battery might be fine, a bad connection is making the reading wacky.
I put it on my hitec as well and says the same thing I have no clue how it dropped that low have the same battery sitting in my car for over a week and its at 3.6. Will check all the wires again but they all looked good to me

I put it on my hitec as well and says the same thing I have no clue how it dropped that low have the same battery sitting in my car for over a week and its at 3.6. Will check all the wires again but they all looked good to me
3.6, now we’re talking. Is this 3.6 volts per cell? (Meaning the pack is above 18 volts)

I think he means another pack of the same type is at 3.6...

This one sounds dead. Weird. Check the individual cell voltages (battery meter function). Did you select the discharge program by mistake instead of storage?

I think he means another pack of the same type is at 3.6...

This one sounds dead. Weird. Check the individual cell voltages (battery meter function). Did you select the discharge program by mistake instead of storage?
Oh I thought he plugged it into a different hitec charger and got a different reading. Now I see he said “battery of the same type” whoops.

I did discharge it before i storage charged it as I knew I wasn't going to play with it for a few weeks

Ok, just use the storage charge feature in the future. The charger will know what to do to get it to storage charge.

But that's got nothing to do with the problem, if you storage charged it last. Did you check voltages for each cell?

Also, don't keep lipos in a car for a week, dude! Or anywhere not fireproof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back