My max 10 sct is being weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
So I’ve had my max10 sct for a couple years now with probably only 20 runs and it flashes a green light 3 times and I have no throttle but when i have the motor wires in wrong I get throttle it cogs like you would expect but I have motor that pushes a little and when I put it back to normal nothing and it’s not the servo

Update I can hook up my program box only when the motor is not connected but when it is it keeps saying connecting

I have other motors I can test with but they don’t have the temperature wire and I tried with my traxxas velinion motor and had the same issue

It has been sitting for a few months but that weird to have an issue after only sitting and never been in water

Does it start up with the motor and servo completely disconnected? A short in the BEC can prevent the motor from finishing the startup sequence. Definitely seems like your ESC toasted though. Had a Max10 ESC I used a couple times on 4S voltage with a 4000kV. It melted my bullets down, and after resoldering it wouldn't power and continued flashing green exactly as you say. Blown capacitor

Does it start up with the motor and servo completely disconnected? A short in the BEC can prevent the motor from finishing the startup sequence. Definitely seems like your ESC toasted though. Had a Max10 ESC I used a couple times on 4S voltage with a 4000kV. It melted my bullets down, and after resoldering it wouldn't power and continued flashing green exactly as you say. Blown capacitor
The capacitors do get warm it works without the motor maybe I just need new capacitors?

Back