Max 6 acting weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those fan guards look like they would restrict the airflow significantly. I respectfully suggest you find fan guards that have larger openings.
Hear ya Brother...

Tricky. Dead grass gets all in the fans so it works great to keep it all out and not pulled in. In the summer I might change them to open it a bit more but as been good so far in the hot also. See on top of the Kraton EXB I have a digital temp gauge so I can see them at all times. So far ESC has been less than 150F and motor less 170F full bashes. I got ya I will keep a watch and make the change as soon as I see danger...good looking out (y)

1679431089295.png
1679431115309.png

Hear ya Brother...

Tricky. Dead grass gets all in the fans so it works great to keep it all out and not pulled in. In the summer I might change them to open it a bit more but as been good so far in the hot also. See on top of the Kraton EXB I have a digital temp gauge so I can see them at all times. So far ESC has been less than 150F and motor less 170F full bashes. I got ya I will keep a watch and make the change as soon as I see danger...good looking out (y)

View attachment 287108View attachment 287109
Nice touch on the temp gauge.. is that both esc and motor!? 💯

Hear ya Brother...

View attachment 287108View attachment 287109
Where can I score that temp reader? My life won't be complete until that's a part of it!

Motor is cold at all times. Yes solder is legit haha thx man I appreciate you

See that’s the thing. The fan hasn’t been as effective lately after the skatepark. I ordered a hobby star fan so we will see. I think the blades are intact but it’s just weak
Check your blades .make sure they are all there..check your pins in the fan plug .make sure you have a solid connection..check your wires to your fan make sure they are not sliced.turn your fan on and just listen to it for a bit .make sure it runs smooth.tip your rc up side down and make sure the fan sounds the same .if all is good then I'd say fans are not your issue.you did mention your motor is cold so that's a good sign.let us know what you find👍😁

Nice touch on the temp gauge.. is that both esc and motor!? 💯

Thx Brother...one reason but not the main why I added it to see if the covers become an issue. Dirt-bashing I might open it up more. In the winter when I am on the golf course and dead grass that is mostly patchy dirt, the grass can cake up on top fans tall. It keeps a lot out and not replacing fans due to trash and stuff running inside it. It's this way on the Kraton EXB and the Fireteam....

I did go a different way on the Talion open but added the mesh...just playing around here it has not done any summer running like the other two above.

1679438427071.png

Where can I score that temp reader? My life won't be complete until that's a part of it!

Yep, our man hit it below.... Amazon

It is not the best but it works great for me. I add the probs on the ESC and the motor. I change the power end of the temp box to a JR connection to power off the ESC. I still carry a temp gun to gauge it I am only getting temp from one area but it is well enough to know what it is doing. Here is the goal. If I can keep it running and see temps stay at 140F or less for the ESC and 150F for the motor and I can keep running no need to stop playing and take the body off....Temp at a glance. Yes, if I see it going North I know there is an issue. It's not supposed to be perfect or exact, so I give it +5 to 7F deg to be off plus I have a temp gun still. What I do not want is to be bashing and have it at 200F and I had no idea something was wrong. Works great for me...one on all my 6S rigs.

Max6 prob. Using putty JB Weld which hards to a metal
1679438830430.png

Motor prob
1679438869366.png

@Tex Koder is such a cool guy... waiting for these. The first set was lost in the mail. He a blessing to us all.... he created a tool that can go around the motor and hold the temp prob, so I do not need the tape. Again, waiting to get the next set to test. Too cool!!!
IMG_20230303_232156506.jpg

I agree!! 💯
Looks to be an Amazon special!!

(y)

Thx Brother...one reason but not the main why I added it to see if the covers become an issue. Dirt-bashing I might open it up more. In the winter when I am on the golf course and dead grass that is mostly patchy dirt, the grass can cake up on top fans tall. It keeps a lot out and not replacing fans due to trash and stuff running inside it. It's this way on the Kraton EXB and the Fireteam....

I did go a different way on the Talion open but added the mesh...just playing around here it has not done any summer running like the other two above.

View attachment 287156

Yep, our man hit it below.... Amazon

It is not the best but it works great for me. I add the probs on the ESC and the motor. I change the power end of the temp box to a JR connection to power off the ESC. I still carry a temp gun to gauge it I am only getting temp from one area but it is well enough to know what it is doing. Here is the goal. If I can keep it running and see temps stay at 140F or less for the ESC and 150F for the motor and I can keep running no need to stop playing and take the body off....Temp at a glance. Yes, if I see it going North I know there is an issue. It's not supposed to be perfect or exact, so I give it +5 to 7F deg to be off plus I have a temp gun still. What I do not want is to be bashing and have it at 200F and I had no idea something was wrong. Works great for me...one on all my 6S rigs.

Max6 prob. Using putty JB Weld which hards to a metal
View attachment 287158

Motor prob
View attachment 287159

@Tex Koder is such a cool guy... waiting for these. The first set was lost in the mail. He a blessing to us all.... he created a tool that can go around the motor and hold the temp prob, so I do not need the tape. Again, waiting to get the next set to test. Too cool!!!
View attachment 287163

(y)
Yeah I was thinking the same as you. Use it as an early warning system. I plan to push the latest build beyond all reasonable expectations so something for a quick visual beats having to take body off and on. It's always better to know when a problem is starting as opposed to after it's already started.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back