Kraton Broke the new EXB 😂

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I charged up a battery to test out the HW 4278 G2 setup, and she rips. Unfortunately, I tried something incredibly stupid, and broke it. There's a hill where I bash that will kick the rear up every time. I thought, I'll hit it at WOT, and go for a double front flip. 🤦‍♂️
Landed sideways on one front tire, bent the CV shaft and shattered the outdrive. Bummer. Oh well, time to hit M2C up.
20240221_170722.jpg

20240221_170534.jpg

20240221_170523.jpg

I still love this rig.

I charged up a battery to test out the HW 4278 G2 setup, and she rips. Unfortunately, I tried something incredibly stupid, and broke it. There's a hill where I bash that will kick the rear up every time. I thought, I'll hit it at WOT, and go for a double front flip. 🤦‍♂️
Landed sideways on one front tire, bent the CV shaft and shattered the outdrive. Bummer. Oh well, time to hit M2C up. View attachment 350131
View attachment 350132
View attachment 350133
I still love this rig.
That last pic looks like you may have crashed into a dog park.... :p

Landed sideways on one front tire, bent the CV shaft and shattered the outdrive. Bummer. Oh well, time to hit M2C up. View attachment 350131
View attachment 350132
View attachment 350133
I still love this rig.
Haha look at that poor truck! Looks like it had a blast :LOL:

Hopefully not too bad, and that you get it fixed pretty easily. I heard someone saying these really need a bump stop for over compression and some droop limit to prevent the opposite.. With the drive cups being a little longer now that does make sense.

Last edited:
Is this how it is with 6s 1/8 bashers? One bad crash takes even the best ones out?
I've found them to be very durable if you keep them on the ground, even with cartwheels, flips, etc. Once they leave the ground more than 3 or 4 feet, there's a pretty high chance something is going to break if it doesn't land just right, at least from my experience.

I've found them to be very durable if you keep them on the ground, even with cartwheels, flips, etc. Once they leave the ground more than 3 or 4 feet, there's a pretty high chance something is going to break if it doesn't land just right, at least from my experience.
I tried to stop it, but the Kraton just wouldn't listen. These things have a mind of their own...😂

That HW4278 g2 combo alot stronger than stock system? What pinion you running?
Oh yeah. She's real punchy. Running the stock 13t pinion as a starting point. I'll probably go up a couple teeth after I get a full battery through it and check temps.

Send It!!!!!... Mike
That's what this truck is for. When she's back in action, I'm gonna try that double front flip again!

Is this how it is with 6s 1/8 bashers? One bad crash takes even the best ones out?
One bad crash will take out any rc, no matter the size or power system. I find the less you crash the less you break things.

But would M2C parts still save you from that crash... How much $$$ M2C would one go to get it that far to survive 🤷‍♂️
Surprisingly, the M2C outdrives are roughly the same price as Arrma replacements. I'm just going to straighten the CV shaft.

Surprisingly, the M2C outdrives are roughly the same price as Arrma replacements. I'm just going to straighten the CV shaft.
M2C outdrives are a nice upgrade on the Kraton EXB. When I began to eat into my first set, M2C warrantied a replacement at half price!

Started breaking her down since my outdrives will be here tomorrow. Decided to do a bit of cleaning on it and snoop a bit deeper to see what else is new in here. Here's what I found:

No more plastic balls between the shock and standoffs. It's got these rubber grommets instead, that are flanged and stay in the cap. I really dig that.
20240223_193216.jpg

Minor detail, but something I always do with my 6S Arrmas, they put beefier screws in to retain the upper hinge pins up front.
20240223_193414.jpg

Possibly my favorite little nugget, bearings in the bellcrank. One less thing I have to do.
20240223_195747.jpg

There's a gasket under the aluminum bulkhead, which is something I had planned to do if it weren't already done.
20240223_200359.jpg

These bulkheads are truly a thing of beauty.
20240223_201359.jpg
20240223_201408.jpg

And here's the damage.
20240223_201540.jpg

20240223_193201.jpg

While I'm in there I'm going to add my favorite droop screws (Tekno) even though the truck already has them. The reason being, Tekno droop screws have a hex in the end so you can adjust them from the topside of the truck.
20240223_202928.jpg

And just for kicks, I'm going to install this CF front plate I had laying around.
20240223_202956.jpg

20240223_200421.jpg

Nice pictures! Something I noticed was how chewed up that outdrive was, I am thinking that shaft partially came out and bound up causing a break..

Also noticed the ring gear rub marks inside the case. Interesting.

Nice pictures! Something I noticed was how chewed up that outdrive was, I am thinking that shaft partially came out and bound up causing a break..

Also noticed the ring gear rub marks inside the case. Interesting.
Believe it or not, the ring gear rub is actually just on the grease. Here it is after I smeared the grease off.
20240223_204056.jpg

Back