Outcast My new Outcast 8s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that man. I still really enjoy my Arrma 5th scale. They are truly on another level and don't really compare to the Maxx. I think my K8S is about 30 pounds, its a beast.

No doubt though, I hear the Maxx V2 is an excellent truck with great durability. (y)

Sorry to hear that man. I still really enjoy my Arrma 5th scale. They are truly on another level and don't really compare to the Maxx. I think my K8S is about 30 pounds, its a beast.

No doubt though, I hear the Maxx V2 is an excellent truck with great durability. (y)
Respectfully, you do realize that in most all high performance vehicles, be it race cars, motorcycles, performance street cars, or rc cars or trucks, a lighter weight is always desirable. Horsepower (or motor torque) to weight ratio. I never get why peeps here boast about their 30 lb 1/5 scale rc car. I mean if high weight is a great characteristic to you and is desirable, why not add some lead ballast and take it to 32 lbs?

Respectfully, you do realize that in most all high performance vehicles, be it race cars, motorcycles, performance street cars, or rc cars or trucks, a lighter weight is always desirable. Horsepower (or motor torque) to weight ratio. I never get why peeps here boast about their 30 lb 1/5 scale rc car. I mean if high weight is a great characteristic to you and is desirable, why not add some lead ballast and take it to 32 lbs?
Higher weight could also be a result of heavy-duty components relative to other vehicles. More weight might be a benefit with steering if end result is front wheels 'sticking' more to the ground.

Kraton 8s EXB here. Turning radius is definitely wider at higher speeds, but I'm thankful for that. Otherwise if I cranked too hard right/left the thing would go for cartwheeling across the field.

A few things that might impact steering:
1)Front/Rear relative suspension level
2)Diff fluid (lighter may help under-steer)
3)Steering EPA (obvious, but can't really leave out of list)

Disclaimer: I just returned to surface R/C after 10+ years, so all or none of this may be useful. Hope you get your issue figured out. 👍

Edit: I've also noticed a lot of slop on front-end steering components on my Kraton.

I get ya! I just meant the Maxx is in a totally different league, 1/10th scale, plastic. I do wish my K8S was lighter but with the added upgrades it is much tougher, watching it sail through the air is something else. Really, in looking over the truck I am not sure where they would cut weight unless it was a total redesign and more plastic was used.

I am not a hard basher so even my 8S rigs seem to fair well. Most of my problems are from lack of QA/QC or just inherent design flaws. I did have a screw pull out of a bulkhead once, that is kind of a weak spot on these trucks, I wish they would have gone with metal threaded inserts inside the bulkhead or at least longer screws....

That's the great thing about the hobby though, if you don't like it, sell it and move on :cool:. Just entered the Arrma 6S game and excited to see what the fuss is about.

I get ya! I just meant the Maxx is in a totally different league, 1/10th scale, plastic. I do wish my K8S was lighter but with the added upgrades it is much tougher, watching it sail through the air is something else. Really, in looking over the truck I am not sure where they would cut weight unless it was a total redesign and more plastic was used.

I am not a hard basher so even my 8S rigs seem to fair well. Most of my problems are from lack of QA/QC or just inherent design flaws. I did have a screw pull out of a bulkhead once, that is kind of a weak spot on these trucks, I wish they would have gone with metal threaded inserts inside the bulkhead or at least longer screws....

That's the great thing about the hobby though, if you don't like it, sell it and move on :cool:. Just entered the Arrma 6S game and excited to see what the fuss is about.
Honestly the whole time he kept mentioning the maxx I kept wondering why he is comparing a 1/5 beast to a 4s Traxxas? They aren't even remotely in the same league. Imo it's kind of trollish.

We're seriously comparing the handling of a 1/5 beast to a 4s traxxas?

Last edited:
Honestly the whole time he kept mentioning the maxx I kept wondering why he is comparing a 1/5 beast to a 4s Traxxas? They aren't even remotely in the same league. Imo it's kind of trollish.

We're seriously comparing the handling of a 1/5 beast to a 4s traxxas?

So you are going to personally insult me? Are you saying I am a troll? I realize they are different scales but I was referencing the way they drive or operate. Whether its 1/5 scale or 1/10, they should handle/drive well. My V2 Maxx does not exhibit the understeer of my O8 under hard throttle, not even close. The Maxx turns well at slow speeds or @ 3/4 throttle. I ran my O8 yesterday to discharge the batteries and yes its fun BC its so big, and it flat rips. But driving it really hard at higher speeds and 1/2 throttle or better in turns is a disaster imo. This is is a mowed grass field. Same behavior on concrete too. Ill handling, severe understeer. A 180 turn can swell from 6 or 8 foot to 18', time after time. I get it, its a basher, not made to handle well, lol.

I say again, whether the RC vehicle is 1/5 or 1/10 scale is not an excuse for a ill handling vehicle at higher limits/speeds. Maybe it is for you. I realize that perhaps some of my appraisals, comments or opinions are prob not popular on the arrma forum, but I would hope guys here would be mature enough to respect my opinion, and not resort to personal insults. Guess that just isn't you.

Last edited:
I think the term "handles well" is subjective. When I have driven my friends xmaxx...I think it handles like s h I t compared to my 08 exb. But that's just my opinion. It's all what one is accustomed to driving. When I got my 01 excursion 4x4, I didn't expect it to handle like my 05 STI. I have them for different things and I like them both for different reasons. If I had to compare them in that way, ofcourse my EX would be horrible in the handling department. The same goes for any RC of different scales. If you had bought an Outcast 4s to compare with a Maxx then there is a comparable comparison.

So you are going to personally insult me? Are you saying I am a troll? I realize they are different scales but I was referencing the way they drive or operate. Whether its 1/5 scale or 1/10, they should handle/drive well. My V2 Maxx does not exhibit the understeer of my O8 under hard throttle, not even close. The Maxx turns well at slow speeds or @ 3/4 throttle. I ran my O8 yesterday to discharge the batteries and yes its fun BC its so big, and it flat rips. But driving it really hard at higher speeds and 1/2 throttle or better in turns is a disaster imo. This is is a mowed grass field. Same behavior on concrete too. Ill handling, severe understeer. A 180 turn can swell from 6 or 8 foot to 18', time after time. I get it, its a basher, not made to handle well, lol.

I say again, whether the RC vehicle is 1/5 or 1/10 scale is not an excuse for a ill handling vehicle at higher limits/speeds. Maybe it is for you. I realize that perhaps some of my appraisals, comments or opinions are prob not popular on the arrma forum, but I would hope guys here would be mature enough to respect my opinion, and not resort to personal insults. Guess that just isn't you.
Firstly, I never insulted you, I said your comparison was trollish. Maybe you're new to the internet and don't know what that means which is I'm assuming the case as otherwise you wouldn't have said I was personally insulting you.

Secondly you should be able to use some common sense to understand why a 1/10th scale might handle better than a 1/5th scale. I think there is a reason pretty much no one even touched this thread with a 10-foot pole. It's silly man.

Imagine me complaining that my Kraton 8s doesn't handle as well as my Typhon. In what world does that make sense :eek:
I think the term "handles well" is subjective. When I have driven my friends xmaxx...I think it handles like s h I t compared to my 08 exb. But that's just my opinion. It's all what one is accustomed to driving. When I got my 01 excursion 4x4, I didn't expect it to handle like my 05 STI. I have them for different things and I like them both for different reasons. If I had to compare them in that way, ofcourse my EX would be horrible in the handling department. The same goes for any RC of different scales. If you had bought an Outcast 4s to compare with a Maxx then there is a comparable comparison.
Thank you, I knew I wasn't going crazy lol.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear (read) your disappointment in the OC8s. I have to agree though, my k8s is sometimes my least favorite rc. I’ve spent enough on it to buy a decent used street bike...The Arrma 6s rtr are miles and miles more exciting out of the box, less weight, less breaking, less batteries, cheaper to own, handle better, better suited electrics, better speed. If you get the itch for another vehicle maybe try one of those. Don’t judge the whole Arrma line on the 8s vehicles, the 6s and 3s vehicles are pretty decent. Others will love the rtr 8s line but out of the box I think they are pretty boring and once you get them where they need to be you are broke...

Sorry to hear (read) your disappointment in the OC8s. I have to agree though, my k8s is sometimes my least favorite rc. I’ve spent enough on it to buy a decent used street bike...The Arrma 6s rtr are miles and miles more exciting out of the box, less weight, less breaking, less batteries, cheaper to own, handle better, better suited electrics, better speed. If you get the itch for another vehicle maybe try one of those. Don’t judge the whole Arrma line on the 8s vehicles, the 6s and 3s vehicles are pretty decent. Others will love the rtr 8s line but out of the box I think they are pretty boring and once you get them where they need to be you are broke...
Anyone can go out and buy whatever they want, but buyers remorse happens. I sunk a ton of money into my k8 and learned what to do and what not to do. Before I got my O8 exb roller, I did my research, read forum threads, watched ALOT of running videos on the pros and cons before I threw down 1k of my money. I knew that for what I wanted to do, the exb was the way to go regardless of the breakage potential. Breaks happen. No one is immune to em.
From here on out I'm only going to buy rollers or do scratch builds. Imo rtrs are a waste if you are going to run hard and you end up spending more in the long term. For bashers, the only rtr rig I'd ever be interested in is the Hobao MTX. That thing is a beast. Or maybe I'd consider a fireteam for an rtr. Otherwise, my plans is for a 1/7 infraction next and I'm still just gonna get a roller off of ebay to start. Just my .02 cents

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back