Outcast My Notorious Outcast Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Is The Name

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Notorious
Well I only had this beast for 3 months now and my Servo is already going bad, I also own the Kraton and the Talion, will Arrma replace it or do I have to purchase another one.

Well I only had this beast for 3 months now and my Servo is already going bad, I also own the Kraton and the Talion, will Arrma replace it or do I have to purchase another one.

Surprised it lasted that long. The main replacement here is to put in a Savox 1210SG. While you're at it I'd take a look at the Voltage Hobbies or Hot Racing servo mount. If you get the Voltage Hobbies servo mount you'll need to back up how close the ESC is mounted to the servo. See this video

Surprised it lasted that long. The main replacement here is to put in a Savox 1210SG. While you're at it I'd take a look at the Voltage Hobbies or Hot Racing servo mount. If you get the Voltage Hobbies servo mount you'll need to back up how close the ESC is mounted to the servo. See this video
I have the Voltage Hobbies mount and my esc doesn't rub on it at all.

BOTH
Arrma will replace it but it won't last either. I had them send me another then kept it for an emergency spare and replaced it with another

the stock servo on my outcast did surprisingly good...but it did eventually die on me.

prior to it failing, I noticed a lot of torque twist from it. not the servo mount, but the actual servo casing itself would twist apart at the seams

I replaced it with a power hd 20mg. it's been an awesome servo: great torque, good speed, waterproof, aluminum casing and best of all I got 2 for $38

I also installed the hot racing servo mount. it's a tight fit but its perfect. wires have enough room not to get pinched, do pay attention how you route them if you go this way. I did change some of the included hardware. I did not like how short the provided screws were, they don't provide enough bite/rigidity for my taste. I replaced them with longer screws, steel for the bottom and stainless up top. it works fantastic, zero flex.

20181111_132433.jpg

20181111_132207.jpg

20181111_133456.jpg

20181111_133818.jpg

20181111_142346.jpg

20181111_211250.jpg

I also installed an adjustable turnbuckle in place of the fixed link. gives me a little bit of adjustability when centering the steering.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back