Typhon My slipper is messed up. . . Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Ok.
Clutch was super loose.
Got it apart and the head of the adjustment screw was shorn off.

The special little bearing between spring and the head of the screw was grenaded.

Finally got it all apart. I am just guessing that without that little bearing I am going to break the next screw?
I picture it's job as preventing the screw from getting tighter or looser when the car is running.

I am asking because it sucked to get the thing apart last time and I can't find the maintenance kit ar310882 anywhere.

I found tiny thrust bearings. But I am not sure the size. The screw is an M2 I am pretty sure.
The o/d of the bearing has to fit inside the slipper where those things that grab the splines on the drive shaft are.

Dang it.
Everything is out of stock. All the ara310949 and ar310882 everywhere it seems.
Whelp.
Maybe it'll fit. It was my best fit I could find. There's a local bearing company that has them. Should have it in 2 r 3 days.

Last edited:
Arrived! It's a perfect fit. Hopefully it lasts a bit longer than the stock thrust bearing.

20200902_204546.jpg

So 6mm worked. I put some white grease on the bearing. I wonder if I should use something thicker? Anyway. I put the loctite on the rear of the assembly this time instead of costing the screw like an idiot. I am convinced I filled the thrust bearing with loctite and completely screwed it last time.
*coating* the screw

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back