Need a fix for these quick release body mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT58

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion
Edit: bearings coming loose/getting lost were the issue

2 relatively mild crashes and each time 3 of these body mounts broke and no longer hold the body onto the post. Any ideas to fix the latching mechanism? If not, has anyone reverted to some other kind of mount after trashing these?

After a wreck, the ones on the left function correctly and the ones on the right do not despite looking and "clicking" identically.

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

Last edited:
I have three bodies with these, one going on three years with a lot of collisions. I would've guessed the left ones don't work because it looks partly unscrewed.

Over a towel unscrew the internals with using the two little holes, I say over a towel because tiny ball bearings will fall out. Clean everything and reassemble. It helps to use a dab of grease to "glue" the ball bearings to the brass part they go on. Screw it back together with a dab of loctite.

I have three bodies with these, one going on three years with a lot of collisions. I would've guessed the left ones don't work because it looks partly unscrewed.

Over a towel unscrew the internals with using the two little holes, I say over a towel because tiny ball bearings will fall out. Clean everything and reassemble. It helps to use a dab of grease to "glue" the ball bearings to the brass part they go on. Screw it back together with a dab of loctite.

The ball bearings were the missing link! The ones that no longer worked were each missing 1.

Appreciate the help!

Any chance I could get a link? Ive been trying to find a easy way to get my traxxas bodies to stay on.

Back