Kraton Need help with what version I have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KratonDan

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and excited to have my first Arrma truck. Was a traxxas guy forever but kept busting my slash 4x4 to bits and got fed up, so here we are.

Purchased a used but in tip top shape Kraton yesterday and scored it for $360 I am having a little trouble distinguishing what version I have, all help would be apart and thank you all in advance.

Danny.

20230612_134832.jpg

20230612_134758.jpg

20230612_134413.jpg

20230612_134449.jpg

V4
Looking at the chassis rear taper shape.

It's got RPM aftermarket suspension arms -all the way around ,plus front bumper.

Hot Racing rear support..

Previous owner swopped in a EXB body.. with aftermarket body nuts instead of pins.

Everything else looks stock.

Good find.

And, Welcome to the Forum!

In case you want to reference..
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumpster-fire-or-a-diamond-in-the-rough.58743/

Last edited:
V4 absolutely . I have one. Your body is the K6 EXB body. All the electrics are V4 . The main give away. V4 Chassis, towers and arms also. The Fr bumper is RPM, the Arms also. Nice and clean V4 there. Buy some Alloy Fr And Rr braces, and just drive it.
Have fun.
BTW get a DS3235 35 kg Servo from AMZ, for $34. How I fly with all my rigs. Tighten the Servo Saver some also. A shim or 2 is all.
Need a radio? The Multi-model Radiolink RC4 or RC6 GS is perfect. $60/$80. Great range and response for any RC you end up getting/adding in the future. A great long range Speed Runner radio also.

Thanks guy's, yeah I thought it was a V4 but wanted to make sure. @SrC yep, exactly what I needed to know. The Servo was sort of weak so I am actually getting ready to order another one. Now, with that said what degree do I get, 180 or 270? Um pretty sure the 180 but wa t to make sure. I see the DS pro on there, will that one be okay?

And yeah, I will be upgrading the front brace to the HR racing to match the rear and I will definitely be upgrading to a better radio as well.

Thanks again guy's for all of the help.

Whether 180 or 270 degrees... it does Not matter.
Because you will be dialing out any Extra Sweep Angle when you set your ST Endpoints properly, after installing the servo.
Will end up being closer to 60 Degrees sweep angle, if that anyway, once dialed in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back