Vorteks Anyone with a friend at Horizon? I need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lethalcobra2k3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Vorteks
Ever since getting my Vorteks, I had a servo fry within the first 4 packs. Horizon support is slow and completely botched the warranty. They agreed to send a new servo and after waiting 3 weeks they sent servo gears. Now Im waiting another 2 days or more for a response. Anyone have a friend at horizon that can help a brother out?

Unfortunately, part of the hobby is to replace the stock electronics (esp the servo since most of them suck).

The down time between breaking the servo and replacing the servo through claims is not worth the opportunity cost of just buying a solid servo and never having to deal with it again because you spent big bucks to use your RC, but it's on the bench most of its life.

Also Horizon Hobby customer service is dog poop.

A friendly must do is to replace any stock servos with good servos. All stock servos are total trash, and they know most will upgrade anyway so they skimp out on power and quality.
Someone sent a link for a 25t servo and I found an arrma brand 25t servo saver but when I clicked the link the part was no longer available. Can I drop in a Spektrum S652 instead of an S651 and use my stock servo saver?

Someone sent a link for a 25t servo and I found an arrma brand 25t servo saver but when I clicked the link the part was no longer available. Can I drop in a Spektrum S652 instead of an S651 and use my stock servo saver?
I put a S652 into my Infraction 3s. I normally wouldn't have gone with another Spektrum servo, but I had the S652 laying around from another vehicle with Spektrum electronics that I had upgraded. I do mostly straight line runs, so a better servo isn't all that necessary for me unless the S652 fails.

I put a S652 into my Infraction 3s. I normally wouldn't have gone with another Spektrum servo, but I had the S652 laying around from another vehicle with Spektrum electronics that I had upgraded. I do mostly straight line runs, so a better servo isn't all that necessary for me unless the S652 fails.
Will the 652 fit with my stock servo saver? I only ask because the S651 is a 7kg servo and the S652 is an 18kg servo

Stay away from spectrum ...even a cheap eBay special is a lot better than spectrum servos..

Ever since getting my Vorteks, I had a servo fry within the first 4 packs. Horizon support is slow and completely botched the warranty. They agreed to send a new servo and after waiting 3 weeks they sent servo gears. Now Im waiting another 2 days or more for a response. Anyone have a friend at horizon that can help a brother out?
Email costumer support directly

Most servos include a servo horn for no charge when you order them. Just swap them out and you’re done. Only exception I can think of is the high end ProModeler stuff that has the rare, bulletproof 15t shaft. He does not include a horn for free, you have to buy one.

I did, they sent servo gears, not a servo
You need to email them again and make it clear that the servo fried thats on them at that point
^^This. ^^
Very much this.
Lets not ignore that the old spektum servos were pretty much junk. The new ones are great and have yet to see one fail on the latest release. When a servo is junk even with the proper settings its going to fail prematurely. They legit shorted receiver and esc when they burned out. Countless of people wondering why their esc wont turn on or have any sign of life

Back