Outcast New 2019 Outcast 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverback2002

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Hi all, I'm new here and just wanted to find out if there is anything I should do to my new 2019 Outcast 6s. I ran 2 3s hrb 6000 batteries and this car was absolutely wild. I just press the throttle only a small amount and its ifting and almost flipping . Crazy fast. Even on 50% totally mad. I will try swapped to the larger pinion to test to try tame the low end power a little. Should the centre diff be adjusted with different oil

Hahahha

Nice Car you buy.
What Color ?

Best is buy 2pc 2s lipos to begin whit :)
drive 4s whit high speed pinion is simple.

I have found new RC friend and he drives Outcast v4 2019 6s
whit 4s and highspeed pinion.

You will enjoy this
6s next year :)

Hi all, I'm new here and just wanted to find out if there is anything I should do to my new 2019 Outcast 6s. I ran 2 3s hrb 6000 batteries and this car was absolutely wild. I just press the throttle only a small amount and its ifting and almost flipping . Crazy fast. Even on 50% totally mad. I will try swapped to the larger pinion to test to try tame the low end power a little. Should the centre diff be adjusted with different oil
That’s the way the short wheelbase trucks are. They are made to wheelie. People want that for some reason.

Without switching pinions, you can lower the punch on the esc. Stock is set at 4 and goes as high as 9. Back it down one setting and try. The nice thing about the short wheelbase is its ability to spin in the air. If you plan to just bash and stay on smaller jumps, just reduce the punch until you get more accustomed to the truck. Directions are in the manual

I run 100/500/100 in my diffs, but I think I'm going to drop the center down to 250 and see how I like that as I'm about to change all the diff cups to the new aluminum/steel ones since I blew out the rear diff last time out. Having 500 makes it pretty wheelie prone. It was fine with that when I ran 4S, but with 6S, it's a tad temperamental.

I tried dialing down my punch, but the stock esc seemed to hesitate more than be limited. I think I have it at 8 now. I didn't notice the hesitation so much on 4S having it at 5. But on 6s, it has caused me to screw up a lot of jumps in a bad way. Instead of picking up steam up the face of a jump, it hesitates, then all 4 wheels are off the ground and then the power comes on full bore and it would flip unpredictably. Was kind of annoying that way.

Other than alloy chassis braces, there isn't a lot that really needs done. I'm even running the stock servo mount in my 2018 v2 version and honestly, I don't notice the flex. I did have to replace the servo as it died the first time I drove it. Didn't even make it through the first turn. I put in a savox 1210. If I had known about the JX servos at the time, I'd likely have tried one of those for half the cost.

The specs on this for $40 even at 6V are better than the 1210SG:
https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/serv...-servo-high-speed-mega-torque-waterproof.html

This one is even faster/stronger for $50:
https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/serv...high-voltage-brutal-torque-digital-servo.html

Not sure if the second one is waterproof or not, so I'd likely have gone with the 5830hv as I tend to run in a bit of wet grass and I'm fairly liberal with a garden hose when cleaning up.

Great info. Thanks my truck is a 2019 version I run 2 x 3s HRB 6000 batteries and they are mental. I tried the 16t gear and it too much power for a straight run down the road flipped at 3/4 speed when I gave it full throttle.

There is a learning curve. Throttle control takes many runs to master. The OC and Noto. are all out stunt trucks. SWB allows for more rotational control and more rapid response of input mid air.

Great info. Thanks my truck is a 2019 version I run 2 x 3s HRB 6000 batteries and they are mental. I tried the 16t gear and it too much power for a straight run down the road flipped at 3/4 speed when I gave it full throttle.
And one other piece of advice as you start to get more "comfortable". Keep this page open in your browser https://jennysrc.com/. You'll understand why in no time. Whatever you do, don't stop having a blast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back