Senton New 3s Senton, no power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scisor34

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I purchased 2 new 3s Sentons about 2 weeks ago and a friend of mine have tried to use them twice, after about 8min runtime they stop running within a few seconds of each other and both lose power. I’ve shutting them off, unplug the battery for about 10 seconds and it will literally run at only 1-2mph. The temps on the motor and esc were 103-109. Running 1 on 2s SMC 5000 75c, the other on 2s gensacearespammers 5000 75c(?). After the few minutes runtime we’ve gotten, I check the battery status and they’ve been between 50-65%. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Also tried swapping in a freshly charged battery and it doesn’t help.

That resembles a thermal cut off. If I'm not mistaken all it takes to reset that is a flip of the power switch and if will run again (not recommended however). I'm not convinced that's what your dealing with here tho ?
Do u know what voltage per cell your at when this happens. I know you said 50-65% but volts per cell may give the folks on here a little more to go off of.

Sounds like the LVC is kicking in early, heard of that happening with some BLX 100's recently. Best to contact horizon for a warranty claim. The cell voltages after that happening would indicate that better.

My BLX100 also shuts off prematurely, usually after about 5 minutes or so on a 5000 mAh 50C 2S battery. It's not a thermal issue - ESC temp is under 100 degrees when it does it. A quick recycle of power clears it up though and it runs fine until the LVC kicks in. My problem is that the LVC is 6.15V so it's way too low.

Battery voltage is 4.0+ on all four batteries I’ve tried, and when I put the exact same batteries in my Typhon or Granite they work perfectly fine.
And it’s definitely not thermal shutdown because I have a temp gun and am fairly experienced with rc’s, it’s just a Mystery to me about what’s happening, I can’t figure it out.
the electronics surely should be able handle 100-110 degrees Fahrenheit.

I swapped out my ESC for this reason. I didn't have this exact problem, but if even on a hill it would try 2 times to go forward and then just turn off power to the motor. Was driving me nuts. This firmware they are running sounds terrible.

I swapped out my ESC for this reason. I didn't have this exact problem, but if even on a hill it would try 2 times to go forward and then just turn off power to the motor. Was driving me nuts. This firmware they are running sounds terrible.

Yes, it’s extremely frustrating and I haven’t had this issue with my Typhon or Granite. I talked to Horizon today and they want
Me to send in both ESCs to be reflashed but Idk if I want to go that route or just buy a different esc. What did you go with? Anybody have any ideas on a decently priced alternative? I don’t need top of the line, just something reliable.

Yes, it’s extremely frustrating and I haven’t had this issue with my Typhon or Granite. I talked to Horizon today and they want
Me to send in both ESCs to be reflashed but Idk if I want to go that route or just buy a different esc. What did you go with? Anybody have any ideas on a decently priced alternative? I don’t need top of the line, just something reliable.
I went a little top of the line route. https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/xerun-xr8-sct-pro-esc?variant=25945588616

I had issues with a couple of mine and found that doing a reset of the esc and rebindeing radio fixed some issues, I also fond that I had different results doing reset. 1 senten i did 5 resets before it solved my problem, each reset gave a different problem. All 3 3s blx's I have cut out on 2s right around 3.2 so i use low voltage alarm to keep track or when mine cuts out on 3s I know my kids on 2s should be about done so we all quit when the first one cuts out.

I never had this happen on my Granite, but my Senton had a similar issue. It almost seemed like when I was stuck, or on a steep incline/angle, and I had to give it some throttle, too much feathering of the controls (so I wasn't full throttle out of a ditch launching it into the world) and after a few seconds of this it would just cut out (no power, etc). I don't remember if my steering worked or not.
I ended up doing what 95% of all Arrma owners do and replaced the STX2 radio with something else (I went with the FlySky GT3B for the Senton -- decent radio though I like the DumboRC better, or its previous version which is sold under different names ( Rcharlance 2.4G 6CH transmitter ) just feels more sensitive than the FlySky).
Either way, swapped the radio and didn't have this cut-off issue any longer.
I'm not sure if this is your issue -- but a new radio will really wake up the car anyway :)

I never had this happen on my Granite, but my Senton had a similar issue. It almost seemed like when I was stuck, or on a steep incline/angle, and I had to give it some throttle, too much feathering of the controls (so I wasn't full throttle out of a ditch launching it into the world) and after a few seconds of this it would just cut out (no power, etc). I don't remember if my steering worked or not.
I ended up doing what 95% of all Arrma owners do and replaced the STX2 radio with something else (I went with the FlySky GT3B for the Senton -- decent radio though I like the DumboRC better, or its previous version which is sold under different names ( Rcharlance 2.4G 6CH transmitter ) just feels more sensitive than the FlySky).
Either way, swapped the radio and didn't have this cut-off issue any longer.
I'm not sure if this is your issue -- but a new radio will really wake up the car anyway :)
Luckily I had an extra RX Futaba around and YES, try an RX/TX first and it will help - I'm not 100% sure why.

I replaced the Spectrum radio after the first run to work with my Flysky that I run All of my trucks on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back