New 4x4 Senton, No Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKtime

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys— I’m relatively new to the hobby, but have messed with various RC cars now for a couple years. I bought the Senton 4x4 Mega (brushed) for my 7 year old son to get his skills up before we both get a brushless setup. First day of running the car was great— just enough speed for my son to handle. Went back to our local track with 3 fully charged 5200mah LIPO batteries (1 new) with hopes of an hour or two of hanging out. For some reason the car isn’t getting power to the motor— ecu blinks recognizing the input from the remote, steering is fine, all wires are seated tight. The ecu jumper was adjusted for LIPO…. I don't know what to do past that. Seems odd that we had 2 batteries of perfect run time previously, and today we got none. Any help for this rookie would be appreciated.

Get HH to warranty that odd type Brushed ESC setup. They tend to fail very easily. It's best for a Crawler IMHO. Not taller geared rigs. And running it on high capacity Lipos for extended periods tends to burn them out. If not under warranty maybe Jennys RC has one.
But honestly, this is the time to upgrade to BLX IMHO.
I recently purchased a ISDT ESC-70 Brushed ESC for a vintage Brushed modified motor in my XXX-T Losi. Only $25. from AMZ. It has a BT App to adjust it. Works great. Not expensive, if you want to stay brushed for a while. One other alternative.

>>>> Skip JennysRC, they don't have the Mega senton anymore.
Try to warranty the ESC. But brushed replacements are inexpensive.
I like the ISDT Brushed ESC. Handles 3s no issue on my XXX-T Losi. Runs very cool. Motor also.
BLX is trully the way to go however if you want to end up there anyway. The Mega will need upgrade mods to handle the BLX power though. So It will cost more in parts than just a BLX ESC and Motor for a durable conversion to BLX. The 3s Senton would have been the better choice out the gate... long term.
Good luck. :cool:

https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-ESC70-Electronic-Controller-Waterproof/dp/B09YM5F9BK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2UX5EU21HKFLO&keywords=isdt+esc-70&qid=1681056351&sprefix=isdt+esc-70,aps,70&sr=8-2&th=1
Edited.

Get HH to warranty that odd type Brushed ESC setup. They tend to fail very easily. It's best for a Crawler IMHO. Not taller geared rigs. And running it on high capacity Lipos for extended periods tends to burn them out. If not under warranty maybe Jennys RC has one.
But honestly, this is the time to upgrade to BLX IMHO.
I recently purchased a ISDT ESC-70 Brushed ESC for a vintage Brushed modified motor in my XXX-T Losi. Only $25. from AMZ. It has a BT App to adjust it. Works great. Not expensive, if you want to stay brushed for a while. One other alternative.

>>>> Skip JennysRC, they don't have the Mega senton anymore.
Try to warranty the ESC. But brushed replacements are inexpensive.
I like the ISDT Brushed ESC. Handles 3s no issue on my XXX-T Losi. Runs very cool. Motor also.
BLX is trully the way to go however if you want to end up there anyway. The Mega will need upgrade mods to handle the BLX power though. So It will cost more in parts than just a BLX ESC and Motor for a durable conversion to BLX. The 3s Senton would have been the better choice out the gate... long term.
Good luck. :cool:

https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-ESC70-Electronic-Controller-Waterproof/dp/B09YM5F9BK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2UX5EU21HKFLO&keywords=isdt+esc-70&qid=1681056351&sprefix=isdt+esc-70,aps,70&sr=8-2&th=1
Edited.
Definitely hear you on going brushless from the get go, this brushed setup will suffice for 6-12 months before we change it up (and probably never look back). I assume esc is the issue as well, is this the ISDT esc you speak of? Thanks for your intel on this!

B1987488-0ED8-477E-853D-0F5A4C0DB6FA.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back