Senton 3s 4x4 no level 5 punch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cba43

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Senton Mega
I've run 8 2s packs at my local track through senton 3s 4x4. Last run it started acting like punch level was on 1. Slow to react to throttle then battery died. My initial thought was just dead battery. So fast forward after full tear down, clean , drop 2 pinion teeth. Verify settings on speed control. On the punch settings it won't go beyond 4. After 4 it goes right back to 1. No 5. So I put a battery in and the delay is beyond noticeable. In my shop on the floor the difference between punch settings 1 through 4 is next to un noticeable. I feel like the speed control is bad. Any thoughts?

Yep.. have you checked the slipper hast come loose?
Actually along with pinion change I installed a slipper eliminator so deffinetly not that. I was going to track in the a.m. with pinion change, slipper eliminator, pro line holeshots, vented the body see how much better it is. I'll go over every again see if I didn't miss anything before I head out and report back.

Well no matter what punch setting im on it acts exactly the same. After a day at the track I stopped in my local hobby shop where I bought the truck and demonstrated the issue to no avail. Oh your on 2s just run 3s if you want more punch. No. You don't have pinion mesh right. No.... once again i demonstrated to him no change in delay no matter what punch setting its on. Oh its just cogging.. that's typical for uncensored motors. Ok fine but what about the no difference in the ramp up between settings? Ya I don't know he says. Recheck your pinion settings then see. Ok I say so how do we warranty claim this esc ? Ya he says it still works so it's not a warranty. But........I just showed you no change in punch settings. Ya I don't know he says , you want anything else? Nope. . So now what. I guess I try to warranty this direct through Arma or what?

What do you mean when u say delay!? Are you actually referring to "punch" or are you talking about the the time delay between your finger pulling the trigger and the truck taking off?

Yes. I hit the trigger and it rolls out slow for about a foot then goes full power. My understanding of punch is how fast goes to full power. Punch 1 slowest ramp up to full power punch 5 fastest. No matter which punch setting I have it on it behaves the same. Is my understanding of punch accurate?

Just found another thread with the same question and there's a video of a blue truck doing same thing. I would appear its cogging. Maybe I'll take the slipper eliminator back out and go back to stock gearing, i went to an 18 pinion from the stock 20, see if it still does it. Got any other ideas why else it would start cogging?

Yes your understanding of punch is incorrect.. it's the tx that's giving you the latency, also cogging is common but should really only be a split second!! 🤔

Hmm. It starts moving right away , just slowly and clearly cogging after watching another video. 2 things bug me af this point. 1) It's a new development as it didn't do this when I bought it new so what's changed? 2) I can not notice any difference in the trucks performance at any punch setting.

Hmm. It starts moving right away , just slowly and clearly cogging after watching another video. 2 things bug me af this point. 1) It's a new development as it didn't do this when I bought it new so what's changed? 2) I can not notice any difference in the trucks performance at any punch setting.
Just spitballing, but did you change over to a lower C-rated battery?

Just spitballing, but did you change over to a lower C-rated battery?
Same batteries. 5200mah 50c . Bought new with truck.
You swapped the gearing so it made it more noticeable.. plus your limited to 2s so that also intensifies the cog!?
You'd think going from a 20 pinion to an 18 it would be less noticeable.

The only 3s batteries I have are shorty packs for my crawlers so made this spacer block this morning. Cogging still present but not as bad obviously. Going to install stock pinion and slipper just to see. I'll try taking a video after it's back together.

20230320_081048.jpg

20230320_081256.jpg

New motor, fresh take out from jrc, new spektrum 100amp speed control. No more cogging or delay. I should have changed 1 thing at a time but alas I didn't. So Tomorrow I'll swap back in the blx and see what's what.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back