New Amazon Steel Slipper Clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried one of these steel slippers out yet? They appear to be the same design as the 4S line slipper clutch. The caveat is they're half the price as the Arrma brand slippers on Amazon, and can be found for as low as $15 on Ebay if willing to wait on the slow boat from China. I know it's either hit or miss with these cheap Chinese made parts, but just wondering if this could actually be a solid cheaper alternative. 🤔

Screenshot_20230519_151703_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The only steel part is the spur gear, which isnt the issue with these. Its the damn cheap aluminum hubs, which this still has
Agreed. Rounded off the inner splines of 2 ( rear diff end ). Also cracked one trying to remove bearing. Prefer plastic spur over metal. Cheap to replace.

I've seen those on AliExpress also.
I consider the spur as a good sacrificial part. If/when you bend the motor mount plate the plastic spur will strip, saving the motor from getting destroyed. Plastic spur could also save your diffs if landing on throttle.

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried one of these steel slippers out yet? They appear to be the same design as the 4S line slipper clutch. The caveat is they're half the price as the Arrma brand slippers on Amazon, and can be found for as low as $15 on Ebay if willing to wait on the slow boat from China. I know it's either hit or miss with these cheap Chinese made parts, but just wondering if this could actually be a solid cheaper alternative. 🤔

View attachment 300675
I haven’t tried one but I definitely understand that price difference. I prefer metal gears in my 3s and 4s trucks. Of course I always upgrade the motor mount too. Hard to know with China stuff. Some of it’s really good and some of it sucks. Somebody’s been buying them so maybe they will chime in. I’m 👀 too😬🤔

Well guys FWIW, I just read some reviews on Amazon of other "generic" metal slippers that look pretty identical to the one I posted, and they all suck. Bummer. There is a tiny chance that they could all actually be different slipper clutches, but if I had to bet money I'd say all of the ones with the bad reviews came from the same factory as the one I posted.

I have been out of the hobby for a year or so. Does anyone know about the hot racing metal slipper replacement?

Didnt know they have something like that. Is this a one to one replacement wirh the stock one in the big rock and granite 3s? And more important is that a good choice?

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF257EX;c=1385

And what is this good for?

Hot Racing ATF25XC Metallic Super Duty Slipper Pad Plate set for ATF257EX​

Last edited:
I would just buy the Arrma version, and skip "Trying" to save 3 nickels. Chinesium Cast metal sucks no matter which "Knock off" Fleabay company from over there makes it. At least with Arrma parts they are consistent, up to a point. You know what you are getting whether you like it or not.

I would just buy the Arrma version, and skip "Trying" to save 3 nickels. Chinesium Cast metal sucks no matter which "Knock off" Fleabay company from over there makes it. At least with Arrma parts they are consistent, up to a point. You know what you are getting whether you like it or not.

I agree with Src 100%. I wasted the 3s clutch in my BR so I bought a new ARRMA 3s clutch and tried the HR aluminum clutch plates and freid that even worse with the addition of aluminum shavings getting in everything. Then I tried what you posted and it didn't fit right, gear mesh was off, total junk. I got smart and just bought the ARRMA 4s version with the fiber plates, adjusted it to 1/2 turn on the spring and it's been good so far. Keep in mind I'm running a Castle 1515 and MMX6s in the Big Rock on 6s so if I fry this 4s clutch, it's really not ARRMA's issue, lol. I may just lock it if I continue having issues.

I agree with Src 100%. I wasted the 3s clutch in my BR so I bought a new ARRMA 3s clutch and tried the HR aluminum clutch plates and freid that even worse with the addition of aluminum shavings getting in everything. Then I tried what you posted and it didn't fit right, gear mesh was off, total junk. I got smart and just bought the ARRMA 4s version with the fiber plates, adjusted it to 1/2 turn on the spring and it's been good so far. Keep in mind I'm running a Castle 1515 and MMX6s in the Big Rock on 6s so if I fry this 4s clutch, it's really not ARRMA's issue, lol. I may just lock it if I continue having issues.
Preciate the input guys. I think I'll just stick with the Arrma OEM part. @Rottster every review that I was able to find about that cheap slipper stated the same exact things that you experienced, Nice to get confirmation from someone on the forums that's actually tried it out.

The only steel part is the spur gear, which isnt the issue with these. Its the damn cheap aluminum hubs, which this still has

Agreed. Rounded off the inner splines of 2 ( rear diff end ). Also cracked one trying to remove bearing. Prefer plastic spur over metal. Cheap to replace.

Gents...

I bought it for my Big Rock BLX some time back. I have not had a chance to install waiting until I need to service the slipper.

You think this hub would be better than stock since you are saying this is the weak point?

https://demarco-autosports.square.s...75-aluminum-us-customers/3?cs=true&cst=custom

1684636075460.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back