New ARRMA offroad vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ribka

Reaction score
I currently own the Fireteam and it's great. I've had ir for over a year now and i am thinking about 1/5th scale. The Kraton is a beast, but i don't like the simplicity of the body. That's the reason i bought a Fireteam.

So probably no one has an answer to this, but maybe a hunch...

Do any of you think a new ARRMA 1/5 model will come out anytime soon?

Well considering that the 8s line looks to be gone.... Who knows? $1k is over priced IMHO.
It was all too heavy (30+ pounds) with many issues. Not that I ever owned . I passed on it.
Arrma needs to revamp that whole 1/5 platform IMHO.
I was always hoping for an 8s Typhon myself. A roller. Not partial to Spektrum electrics. Considering the 2 year warranty, the electrics are covered with a RTR version, FWIW. Many say this rig is underpowered. Maybe. It is too dam heavy IMHO. Like 10 pounds too heavy.
How I see it.
Many have them here and can speak better owning one. If I wanted a 1/5 now, I would look to other brands. They do really cost more to maintain. Like easily double 6s parts prices. Tires alone are very costly. Sometimes $200.00 for 4. Depending. I don't have that wallet now.
:cool:

Last edited:
Well considering that the 8s line looks to be gone.... Who knows? $1k is over priced IMHO.
It was all too heavy (30+ pounds) with many issues. Not that I ever owned . I passed on it.
Arrma needs to revamp that whole 1/5 platform IMHO.
I was always hoping for an 8s Typhon myself. A roller. Not partial to Spektrum electrics. Considering the 2 year warranty, the electrics are covered with a RTR version, FWIW. Many say this rig is undepowered. Maybe. It is too dam heavy IMHO. Like 10 pounds too heavy.
How I see it.
Many have them here and can speak better owning one. If I wanted a 1/5 now, I would look to other brands. They do really cost more to maintain. Like easily double 6s parts prices. Tires alone are very costly. Sometimes $200.00 for 4. Depending. I don't have that wallet now.
:cool:
I do agree on these cars being too heavy. My Fireteam with a 6s 22.2v pack weighs about 14 pounds. I love size, but after the recent crash i had hitting a lamppost at 25mph (see my other post), i broke the front-suspension, the front gearbox and the suspension-arm holder. And the weight of the rig had influence on how much damage there was ofcourse.

I always liked the Talion. I would consider buying a 1/5 Talion if it would come out. But i would love to see something really new.
I'm really not sure if they are continuing with the 1/5 line at this point, but I hope so.

They kind of need to go back to the drawing board IMO.
I agree!

I do agree on these cars being too heavy. My Fireteam with a 6s 22.2v pack weighs about 14 pounds. I love size, but after the recent crash i had hitting a lamppost at 25mph (see my other post), i broke the front-suspension, the front gearbox and the suspension-arm holder. And the weight of the rig had influence on how much damage there was ofcourse.

I always liked the Talion. I would consider buying a 1/5 Talion if it would come out. But i would love to see something really new.

I agree!

I bet it was faster than 25 mph 😜

I bet it was faster than 25 mph 😜
+!!
Was going way faster to damage that front Bulkhead, for sure. Have much exper. in regards. Need a good bumper at the very least IMHO.

Blame the driver here, not the speed and weight. Don't expect the 8s line to be more durable at all. It is quite the contrary. And at 30+ pounds running weight. (n)
RC's will ALL break like this hitting the nose square. Even a love tap will surprise you at times. Breaking something.
The Fireteam, althought the Heaviest of all my 6s Arrmas, is still only half the weight of the 8s line. And drives faster than the K8s by comparison.
Seems my FT is the most durable of all my 6s models right now. At least for me.
I'm really not sure if they are continuing with the 1/5 line at this point, but I hope so.

They kind of need to go back to the drawing board IMO.
(y)(y)(y)(y)

I currently own the Fireteam and it's great. I've had ir for over a year now and i am thinking about 1/5th scale. The Kraton is a beast, but i don't like the simplicity of the body. That's the reason i bought a Fireteam.

So probably no one has an answer to this, but maybe a hunch...

Do any of you think a new ARRMA 1/5 model will come out anytime soon?
The K8s has the same body as a K6s. Just larger. Not sure what you mean. The k6s body is rather thin for sure. Unlike the 6s OC or 6s Notorious body that uses twice as thick lexan. I run the PL Bash Armor body on my 6s Kraton now. I am good.
I don't think a new 8s line is arriving in the near future, if I had to guess. That is confidential Arrma/HH info. So its anyones guess. I
I would NOT hold my breath.
Even if it was released tommorow, I would let the Dust Settle first, before I think of buying one. The first time around the 8S just Sucked, out the gate from the very start. Never jump into a newly released platform. I don't.
Been burned before.
Of all the Arrma lines, the 6s line is the Sweetspot, most mature and most popular, IMHO.

Last edited:

I'm there too. Would like to see something new. An 1/8 onroad car that can actually go on gravel. Not just for promotional videos. More ground clearance for parking lots and surrounding grass.
More 1/5, Talion, Typhon, Buggy and Mojave style.

I had the 1/5 scale Bug and went with the Losi DBXL-e.it’s massive. But close to the fireteam size size. Sorta… upgraded with HR hubs and aluminum chassis braces. I cracked the hub protector launching a 40 lb RC car 8 feet. Lol. I do love that Krayton though. I will say… this Losi is so big is easy to work on. I destroyed the whole rear end and 400 bucks in parts later I fixed it myself and I’m a wrenching noob. But the satisfaction of repairing the car was amazing.

IMG_1200.jpeg

IMG_0893.jpeg

Actually rather like my kraton 8s exb. Yes i had to make some modifications, especially to rear diff, but i love to work on it and i like it a lot more than the xrt which i sold to fund upgrades for the 8s and my Xmaxx.

My only gripe with the fireteam is how much the high cg and weight of the body cause the truck to flip over and cartwheel excessively. After going with a CEN Reeper body(and a zdracing mx-07 body) its much better with no more unwanted acrobatics. Mmiss the body shel(one od the main reasos i bought it) but it was actively causing damage where i bash.

+!!
Was going way faster to damage that front Bulkhead, for sure. Have much exper. in regards. Need a good bumper at the very least IMHO.

Blame the driver here, not the speed and weight. Don't expect the 8s line to be more durable at all. It is quite the contrary. And at 30+ pounds running weight. (n)
RC's will ALL break like this hitting the nose square. Even a love tap will surprise you at times. Breaking something.
The Fireteam, althought the Heaviest of all my 6s Arrmas, is still only half the weight of the 8s line. And drives faster than the K8s by comparison.
Seems my FT is the most durable of all my 6s models right now. At least for me.

(y)(y)(y)(y)
There's no need to blame anyone. I was asking for help in that other post to figure out what was wrong with the FT. I actually fixed it and it's going great. Maybe it was going faster than 25mph but i did not have a gps speedometer or anything like that on it. It was an estimation.

I just love the weight of my kraton while driving it compared to the XRT.

I had the 1/5 scale Bug and went with the Losi DBXL-e.it’s massive. But close to the fireteam size size. Sorta… upgraded with HR hubs and aluminum chassis braces. I cracked the hub protector launching a 40 lb RC car 8 feet. Lol. I do love that Krayton though. I will say… this Losi is so big is easy to work on. I destroyed the whole rear end and 400 bucks in parts later I fixed it myself and I’m a wrenching noob. But the satisfaction of repairing the car was amazing.

View attachment 308774

View attachment 308775
I agree - the DB is way easier to wrench than the Kraton. Also, that picture is a bit misleading. The DB is waaaay bigger than the Fireteam.

I agree - the DB is way easier to wrench than the Kraton. Also, that picture is a bit misleading. The DB is waaaay bigger than the Fireteam.
True story. Here’s the wife holding it whe she arrived. Ridiculous!

IMG_0880.jpeg

True story. Here’s the wife holding it whe she arrived. Ridiculous!

View attachment 312295
Beautiful rig brother.
One upgrade I would recommend……DGI one inch hub extenders. VITAVON may make them too I’m not sure. Makes the rig a bit more stable.
Actually another upgrade I would recommend is the aluminum chassis braces and front aluminim spindles, rears too.

Yes, this rig jumps great, just try to land on a downslope. I’m running mine with a max5 combo, 23 tooth pinion, 46 tooth spur.

ps, disregard the chassis braces…..I see you already have those.

Beautiful rig brother.
One upgrade I would recommend……DGI one inch hub extenders. VITAVON may make them too I’m not sure. Makes the rig a bit more stable.
Actually another upgrade I would recommend is the aluminum chassis braces and front aluminim spindles, rears too.

Yes, this rig jumps great, just try to land on a downslope. I’m running mine with a max5 combo, 23 tooth pinion, 46 tooth spur.

ps, disregard the chassis braces…..I see you already have those.
I agree with all of this and I will go a step further and say if you plan to jump it at all get some alu bulkheads too. I don't know if its something you need if you don't jump but the first time I took mine to the bmx spot I busted the rear bulkhead bearings after only like 3 jumps. Alu bulkheads supposed to fix that.

I have seen a stock X-Maxx in action and they are pretty much indestructible.
If you guys are breaking things on these cars they are not engineered well enough.

I agree with all of this and I will go a step further and say if you plan to jump it at all get some alu bulkheads too. I don't know if it’s something you need if you don't jump but the first time I took mine to the bmx spot I busted the rear bulkhead bearings after only like 3 jumps. Alu bulkheads supposed to fix It’s one of my favorite rigs that I drive the least because I break stuff. I already hit a metal septic clean out shaft painted green and I didn’t even see it. Ripped the whole rear side off epically with the wheattached but the rest of it was wasted proper. Wing, wing mount, shock, you name it. 500 bucks in parts was a little bit more than I expected but that’s why we are who we are. Bash break fix upgrade. 🙌🏻

I do need those bulkheads. Haven’t taken her out lately but plan on it. My grub s screw holding my pinion gear on was wasted and just spun. I assume I’ll be replacing it more than once. I love it though. It’s a beast to haul around so I got me a nice hockey bag to carry it in. 😂

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back