New associated 14th scale MT. Looks good for small areas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the tiny scaled rigs tend to be throways, despite claiming to be Hobby grade.
Rlarlo has big time Parts train issues. (stupid name that only a China brand would coin) There was one good honest video in regards. And he said the Rlarlo was not worth it. Cant get the parts. Cant buy it retail easily. Ony the Influencers getting them to sweeten Rlarlos pot there. Hype it up. Then you have Influencers like Raz and others who slammed it with ALL $UPGRADE$ parts. But he is Special and gets them from the Company Carte Blanche. And only the influencers get the spare parts that break, Not the Retail ones. That sucks. Big deal it comes in a suit case. A marketting joke, that shows overall the model is not anything great. CF chassis' can be made cheap these days. So it isn't a great selling point IMHO.
Rlarlo gets free Marketing in return. Raz and others get a Custom CF chassis with their name on it. Rlarlo propping the influencers up. With another free project to influence. More likes an Subs... For free.... Wow , Big deal for them.
Maybe TA should send out a 14MT to Raz. He will send that to 150MPH too.:ROFLMAO: TA RTR's need all the help they can get these days.
Maybe @razorrc will get one. There are RC Hobby grade cars and then there are just Crap to grab some of the RC market. One hit wonders for the moment, then tossed in the trash or just sit on the shelf with little support if any.

Last edited:
The last TA RTR I got was discontinued within 3 months of buying a Pro SE SCT. Every single part was also discontinued with it. POS. Sits on my shelf with busted diffs. Yeah the diffs were supposedly Sealed per the Box art etc. Yet no Gaskets or O- rings were installed on them, elusive to even find from TA. The diffs only had just some Grease inside them. Why the Diffs Sat and Sun gears kept tearing apart just running 2s packs. A 2 gear diff setup. Not 4 gear. What Garbage.

Only sc10 to have a gear diff.. came with 4 gears, and the parts are still right there to buy.

Unless I'm totally missing something about what you own.

20230621_141402.jpg

20230621_141420.jpg

Not that one above .
Mine is the 4WD Pro SE 4x4 SCT, barely sold for 2 years. Then discontinued, every part and all. what I have. And is a 2 Satellite "gear" diff. Not a "ball" diff. I wish it was ball diff'ed, TBH. Less issues. I found the one guy selling New Old stock for one diff and wanted close to $100. For one diff gear set. 6 times the retail TA price. Because he bought out most of the TA discontinued parts for it, for pennies on the dollar below wholesale or cost from TA. How TA does it when they discontinue certain lines of RTR models. A pattern with TA RTR stuff. Thundertiger is designing and making all the RTR model decisions. The Track kits and designs are left mostly to TA's exclusive control in Cali.
I called TA and bitched about parts being no longer supported and they turned me onto this RC vendor. What a rip off he was. I'm not paying that for a part that always wears out. It sits on my shelf. Soon to be sold or tossed in the trash. Collecting dust. Not much use on it. No one would even want to buy this TA garbage now anyway.

Last edited:
I preordered the 14MT, I like my Associated 14B a lot (much better than your usual WLtoys90210, etc.)

I’m not expecting it to be much different and I think 1/14 is too small for a MT, but we’ll see.

I wouldn’t call the diffs sealed, mine only had o-rings on the outdrives and nothing on the ring gear side.

Not that one above .
Mine is the 4WD Pro SE 4x4 SCT, barely sold for 2 years. Then discontinued, every part and all. what I have. And is a 2 Satellite "gear" diff. Not a "ball" diff. I wish it was ball diff'ed, TBH. Less issues. I found the one guy selling New Old stock for one diff and wanted close to $100. For one diff gear set. 6 times the retail TA price. Because he bought out most of the TA discontinued parts for it, for pennies on the dollar below wholesale or cost from TA. How TA does it when they discontinue certain lines of RTR models. A pattern with TA RTR stuff. Thundertiger is designing and making all the RTR model decisions. The Track kits and designs are left mostly to TA's exclusive control in Cali.
I called TA and bitched about parts being no longer supported and they turned me onto this RC vendor. What a rip off he was. I'm not paying that for a part that always wears out. It sits on my shelf. Soon to be sold or tossed in the trash. Collecting dust. Not much use on it. No one would even want to buy this TA garbage now anyway.

Let me explain- I'm an associated nut, primarily "vintage" associated. I've owned or own about every sc10 variant and most everything is available.
I see what you have now and what I posted was for the 2wd (as most had).
I'm obsessed with parts hunting and rebuilding old associated so I wanted to see if I could find what you said you couldn't.

I did find what you have but still according to the manual it was supposed to be a 4 gear. I don't know whats up with that, so whatever.. 😁
Ae doesn't sell what you have and when i did find them it was $41 for the diff gears and 10 for the diff. So 50ish to repair.

I will give you that your parts aren't available but in MOST cases they do support them and have parts available. You got the short end of that stick..

Now..... how much you want for it.... pm me about it. Might be interested to add it to the collection.

There was a time about 10 years ago that TA/TT's factory they were using (Kingstar? I think @slick2500 knows better) closed up shop and they lost a bunch of the molds for their parts. As a result, certain models lost replacement parts forever (DB8/SC8 is a great example). Not a normal Associated thing, it was just bad luck at the time.

I preordered the 14MT, I like my Associated 14B a lot (much better than your usual WLtoys90210, etc.)

I’m not expecting it to be much different and I think 1/14 is too small for a MT, but we’ll see.

I wouldn’t call the diffs sealed, mine only had o-rings on the outdrives and nothing on the ring gear side.

Assuming it has the same wheelbase as the LC EMB-MT it will be a bit tricky to control in the air. I prefer the LWB chassis from the LC truggy for jumping.
There was a time about 10 years ago that TA/TT's factory they were using (Kingstar? I think @slick2500 knows better) closed up shop and they lost a bunch of the molds for their parts. As a result, certain models lost replacement parts forever (DB8/SC8 is a great example). Not a normal Associated thing, it was just bad luck at the time.

I have no idea on that one. First time I have heard anything about that.

I have no idea on that one. First time I have heard anything about that.

Sorry, I must be misremembering about you. Anyway, yeah this happened about 10 years ago around the time the B5 or B6 was released. The AE CEO also talked about this in an interview a while back, I don't recall which podcast. Probably the one Jason Ruona (owner of Jconcepts) did/used to do.

Sorry, I must be misremembering about you. Anyway, yeah this happened about 10 years ago around the time the B5 or B6 was released. The AE CEO also talked about this in an interview a while back, I don't recall which podcast. Probably the one Jason Ruona (owner of Jconcepts) did/used to do.
Did you say that the other smaller vehicles from Associated don't have a real sealed diff?

Yeah the 14B doesn’t have a gasket for the ring gear.
That sucks. So you can only put grease in there then? I mean, is that a big deal for such a small rc? I don't see anyone having to try to tune such a small machine anyways. I'm assuming that they are the same diffs that will be used on this new MT. I guess if you want tunning ability, you have to go 10th scale at least from Traxxas, Arrma and such.
Yeah the tiny scaled rigs tend to be throways, despite claiming to be Hobby grade.
Rlarlo has big time Parts train issues. (stupid name that only a China brand would coin) There was one good honest video in regards. And he said the Rlarlo was not worth it. Cant get the parts. Cant buy it retail easily. Ony the Influencers getting them to sweeten Rlarlos pot there. Hype it up. Then you have Influencers like Raz and others who slammed it with ALL $UPGRADE$ parts. But he is Special and gets them from the Company Carte Blanche. And only the influencers get the spare parts that break, Not the Retail ones. That sucks. Big deal it comes in a suit case. A marketting joke, that shows overall the model is not anything great. CF chassis' can be made cheap these days. So it isn't a great selling point IMHO.
Rlarlo gets free Marketing in return. Raz and others get a Custom CF chassis with their name on it. Rlarlo propping the influencers up. With another free project to influence. More likes an Subs... For free.... Wow , Big deal for them.
Maybe TA should send out a 14MT to Raz. He will send that to 150MPH too.:ROFLMAO: TA RTR's need all the help they can get these days.
Maybe @razorrc will get one. There are RC Hobby grade cars and then there are just Crap to grab some of the RC market. One hit wonders for the moment, then tossed in the trash or just sit on the shelf with little support if any.
Well I guess you probably love TRAXXAS because they have some very old models that you can still find parts for 🤣😁

The Reflex 14b is a fun little buggy. I also own many 1/12 and 1/14 scales. They are very fun in areas where there's not a lot of space to run a 1/10 or 1/8. In terms of durability and quality, LC Racing is the way to go (basically, WL Toys copied them).

In terms of the Reflex 14b/t/mt, there is one critical thing you need to know—that is to replace the bearing on the front of the center diff, otherwise, it will seize, mushroom, and destroy the plastic. Throw a FastEddy in there to prevent this from happening. There is also an odd throttle delay from the ESC or radio (I'm not sure which one) that will drive you absolutely crazy. I suggest swapping out the electronics the first chance you get unless @razorrc knows how to fix the delay.

My 14b runs the Traxxas VXL-3M system. Since this build (3 years ago) Castle Creations launched their Mamba Micro X and they just released a line of smaller motors, too! One of my projects is a ground-up custom LC Racing MT build where I plan to use Castle electronics. In terms of servo upgrades, that's also a pain in the butt because the servo mount is an odd size. I can link to a forum with more info on the servo upgrade if anyone is interested.

PXL_20230626_211202156.jpg

PXL_20230626_211134568.jpg

PXL_20230626_211141651.jpg

"Some" of my 1/12 & 1/14 scale rigs:

PXL_20220912_045907346 (1).jpg

Two more LC builds (10B5 and the 12B1). I also built a super rad 1/10 rally car. LC Racing products rock!

PXL_20230626_213750447.jpg

Last edited:
The Reflex 14b is a fun little buggy. I also own many 1/12 and 1/14 scales. They are very fun in areas where there's not a lot of space to run a 1/10 or 1/8. In terms of durability and quality, LC Racing is the way to go (basically, WL Toys copied them).

In terms of the Reflex 14b/t/mt, there is one critical thing you need to know—that is to replace the bearing on the front of the center diff, otherwise, it will seize, mushroom, and destroy the plastic. Throw a FastEddy in there to prevent this from happening. There is also an odd throttle delay from the ESC or radio (I'm not sure which one) that will drive you absolutely crazy. I suggest swapping out the electronics the first chance you get unless @razorrc knows how to fix the delay.

My 14b runs the Traxxas VXL-3M system. Since this build (3 years ago) Castle Creations launched their Mamba Micro X and they just released a line of smaller motors, too! One of my projects is a ground-up custom LC Racing MT build where I plan to use Castle electronics. In terms of servo upgrades, that's also a pain in the butt because the servo mount is an odd size. I can link to a forum with more info on the servo upgrade if anyone is interested.

View attachment 308022

View attachment 308023

View attachment 308024

View attachment 308025
Two more LC builds (10B5 and the 12B1). I also built a super rad 1/10 rally car. LC Racing products rock!

View attachment 308027

Thats a collection!
I love the small scale rigs 😍

Got a chance to drive my Reflex 14MT today on some dirt. Nice little truck, drives better than most (all?) other 1/14 MT’s I’ve had. A little slow on 2S though, I think it could be geared up a little bit.

Got a chance to drive my Reflex 14MT today on some dirt. Nice little truck, drives better than most (all?) other 1/14 MT’s I’ve had. A little slow on 2S though, I think it could be geared up a little bit.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm still wanting to get one 😎
You gonna have any video up of yours?

LooView attachment 308022

View attachment 308023

View attachment 308024

View attachment 308025

View attachment 308027

WL Toys didn't basically copy Lc Racing they did copy Lc Racing, my 144001 has a bunch of Lc Racing parts on it.

It's the esc in @razorrc review he mentions that.

Simplest and easiest servo swap is the Batan D135F, it literally drops right in. I run that servo in both of my Lc Racing minis and have never had any issues with speed or torque. Plus it's cheap last I looked it was about $18.

WL Toys didn't basically copy Lc Racing they did copy Lc Racing, my 144001 has a bunch of Lc Racing parts on it.

It's the esc in @razorrc review he mentions that.

Simplest and easiest servo swap is the Batan D135F, it literally drops right in. I run that servo in both of my Lc Racing minis and have never had any issues with speed or torque. Plus it's cheap last I looked it was about $18.

Its most definitely not the radio, I agree. I have the xp radio in my mini b build and have no delay at all. Its on the micro mamba.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back