New associated 14th scale MT. Looks good for small areas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck yeah!! Could bash that on my pool deck, see if I can't clear the swimming pool?🤔😉😁
Hahahahahaha. That would be risky. I know that there are some other off brand rc vehicles that size, but they usually come with all in one esc/TX and non oiled filled shocks. There is a 1/16 3s little truck that does come with a center diff, shocks with oil, and separate esc and RX, but it's almost as much as this truck. The begzar WILD. I still would choose the Associated 14 one :

https://www.amazon.com/BEZGAR-HP161...f22509f21ed7c&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

I'm buying one for sure asap!
I absolutely love the smaller scale stuff cause you can run them anywhere anytime and that looks like a riot!
Furthermore, someone mentioned in a video that it looks like a toy due to the size, but it's really a hobby grade RC. It could probably even fit in a backpack. I'm sure it's going to be very durable due to the size too. I should have gotten this instead of that stupid Maverick Quantum MT Flux 10 truck. That thing is a POS! The worst rc I've ever owned! I'm throwing it away in pieces since if you look at it wrong, it breaks. And it's HARD TO WORK ON!

Furthermore, someone mentioned in a video that it looks like a toy due to the size, but it's really a hobby grade RC. It could probably even fit in a backpack. I'm sure it's going to be very durable due to the size too. I should have gotten this instead of that stupid Maverick Quantum MT Flux 10 truck. That thing is a POS! The worst rc I've ever owned! I'm throwing it away in pieces since if you look at it wrong, it breaks. And it's HARD TO WORK ON!

There is always folks bad mouthing everything that comes out it seems. Folks just like to be negative it would seem.
I can tell you that the original 14 reflex had diff issues but I cannot remember what. doesn't scare me, every rc from every manufacturer has quarks.
Truck looks like a lot of fun!

I’ve got a reflex 14B, this looks like fun. Chassis is slightly different I noticed. Too bad it’s smaller than a Savage XS, that would have been a fun comparison.

There is always folks bad mouthing everything that comes out it seems. Folks just like to be negative it would seem.
Truth

I’ve got a reflex 14B, this looks like fun. Chassis is slightly different I noticed. Too bad it’s smaller than a Savage XS, that would have been a fun comparison.

Truth

It's longer isn't it? I noticed they mounted the esc where the receiver was on the 14b.

-edit- No it isn't longer I think me eyes are playing tricks on me.

I can tell you that the original 14 reflex had diff issues but I cannot remember what. doesn't scare me, every rc from every manufacturer has quarks.
Truck looks like a lot of fun!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the diffs on those are not metal? Or am I wrong? Now, the other RC vehicle that I was talking about (the Maverick Quantum MT Flux) does deserve to be called out. It was $230, which is not a bad price for an almost 1/10 truck, but the ESC sucks on 3s, the radio is garbage, the front bulkhead cracks with just small jumps, all the driveshafts bent on me, they diffs are hard to access, the spur gear gets destroyed on 3s (and it's hard to replace it), the spur gear shaft broke on me, and did I mention it's hard to work on? And I barely jumped it like 7 feet maximum. That's why I was crying about the Maverick 😂.
Video from Associated :

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the diffs on those are not metal? Or am I wrong? Now, the other RC vehicle that I was talking about (the Maverick Quantum MT Flux) does deserve to be called out. It was $230, which is not a bad price for an almost 1/10 truck, but the ESC sucks on 3s, the radio is garbage, the front bulkhead cracks with just small jumps, all the driveshafts bent on me, they diffs are hard to access, the spur gear gets destroyed on 3s (and it's hard to replace it), the spur gear shaft broke on me, and did I mention it's hard to work on? And I barely jumped it like 7 feet maximum. That's why I was crying about the Maverick 😂.
Video from Associated :

My apologies brother, I was not directing that towards you at ALL! 🙂

I was meaning that on literally every release video I watch, there are tons of folks complaining in the comments.
In minutes of that one being posted there were quiet a few negative comments.

Drives me bonkers why so many folks just want to tear stuff down when they usually don't or havnt owned something.

Just "old man grumps" here lol.

Video from Associated :

They look to be plastic crown and pinion, but the metal upgrade ones are only $9.99 which isn't too bad.

Lc Racing makes and sells a car that is similar to the Reflex 14MT.
ARR with clear or painted body https://riptiderc.com/shop/ols/products/emb-mt-artr-clear-body
RTR with lipo with clear or painted body https://riptiderc.com/shop/ols/products/emb-mt-rtr-114-monster-truck-brushless

There are huge threads over on Rctech about both the Reflex 14 and Lc Racing emb platforms. You cannot go wrong either way. Both are of much higher quality than any of the Amazon/Banggood specials.

Last edited:
They look to be plastic crown and pinion, but the metal upgrade ones are only $9.99 which isn't too bad.

ARR with clear or painted body https://riptiderc.com/shop/ols/products/emb-mt-artr-clear-body
RTR with lipo with clear or painted body https://riptiderc.com/shop/ols/products/emb-mt-rtr-114-monster-truck-brushless

There are huge threads over on Rctech about both the Reflex 14 and Lc Racing emb platforms. You cannot go wrong either way. Both are of much higher quality than any of the Amazon/Banggood specials.
Cool, but that Lc Racing truck has a slipper clutch. The associated 14 MT has a center diff. I would take the center diff any day. Just my 2 cents 😁
My apologies brother, I was not directing that towards you at ALL! 🙂

I was meaning that on literally every release video I watch, there are tons of folks complaining in the comments.
In minutes of that one being posted there were quiet a few negative comments.

Drives me bonkers why so many folks just want to tear stuff down when they usually don't or havnt owned something.

Just "old man grumps" here lol.
Oh yeah, you are absolutely right about that one. People crying and they don't even have the truck yet or never will 😂. Sorry, I thought that you thought I was crying for no reason. I am salty with the Maverick RC. What's crazy is that some people say that they have beat the crap out of their Maverick Quantum MT with no issues 🤷

That's not a big deal. As long as the internals are good metal I would be fine with that 👍

What do you think about the Begzar 1/16 3s brushless truck? Kind of too small right? It's crazy that it has components like a regular 1/10 MT (3 diffs, oil filled shocks, separate ESC and RX)

Last edited:
Cool, but that Lc Racing truck has a slipper clutch. The associated 14 MT has a center diff. I would take the center diff any day. Just my 2 cents 😁

Oh yeah, you are absolutely right about that one. People crying and they don't even have the truck yet or never will 😂. Sorry, I thought that you thought I was crying for no reason. I am salty with the Maverick RC. What's crazy is that some people say that they have beat the crap out of their Maverick Quantum MT with no issues 🤷

That's not a big deal. As long as the internals are good metal I would be fine with that 👍

What do you think about the Begzar 1/16 3s brushless truck? Kind of too small right? It's crazy that it has components like a regular 1/10 MT (3 diffs, oil filled shocks, separate ESC and RX)

The vehicle is small enough it doesn't need a center diff, and the slipper clutches on them aren't complete pieces of garbage like the Arrma 3s line.

That truck doesn't look too bad but the proprietary battery is kind of a downer.

What's crazy is that some people say that they have beat the crap out of their Maverick Quantum MT with no issues 🤷

Its not just the Maverick. I question a lot I see on the tube.. Sometimes you just gotta rely on your own experience and thoughts. Lots of folks trying to sell things on there. We must not forget that lol

Its not just the Maverick. I question a lot I see on the tube.. Sometimes you just gotta rely on your own experience and thoughts. Lots of folks trying to sell things on there. We must not forget that lol
A vast majority of the "reviews" are actually just paid promotions not reviews so take what they say with a grain of salt.

Looks like a pretty portable and durable little rig. Price is pretty good as well. Something like this might finally make me toss or give away my old Bezgars.

I say the price sucks for it's scale. Don't be fooled.
I will offer some hate, just because I can.:p
Be careful with any of the TA RTR crap. Right now TA's site has them on B/O.
Parts as well. And the fact that TA tends to discontinue parts support out of nowhere immediatley after they are discontinued is a fact of reality. Been there.
When TA says next to the pix "Hot Item", it absolutely is NOT a Hot Item! All BS Hype.
Only the TA Track kits are worth anything. TA's reputation only rests only on their Track kits. The rest is just RTR crap. Been that way for years. Been there. No more TA for me. Tekno, if I want a Track kit. The TA RTR radios are the worst crap going of all the RTR brands out there. ESC's also. The same RTR crap they have pushed for years now. No change.
Little TA tech. transfers to any of the RTR line.
TA's website is by far the worst, whomever the Webmaster is.
Navigating it for parts is crazy stupid.
And even few parts have been released to date. "Expected Late June". Late June is already here. All TA BS.
Good luck if you want one. To each his own.
TA support is horrible IMHO. Even if it is only $219.00, what good is it if there is minimal support.
I say it is a gamble. One I won't take anymore.
Now I am ready to get flamed here.
Having been a Diehard TA only Kit Fanboy many years ago. The last TA RTR I got was discontinued within 3 months of buying a Pro SE SCT. Every single part was also discontinued with it. POS. Sits on my shelf with busted diffs. Yeah the diffs were supposedly Sealed per the Box art etc. Yet no Gaskets or O- rings were installed on them, elusive to even find from TA. The diffs only had just some Grease inside them. Why the Diffs Sat and Sun gears kept tearing apart just running 2s packs. A 2 gear diff setup. Not 4 gear. What Garbage. I bet this 14MT is the same.
The ProSe SCT was just another ThunderTiger platform rebrand. Most of the RTR is. TT owns TA since the early 2000's. TA went downhill from there. The Track stuff rules. Yet parts can still be hard to get as well. Look over TA's web site well. They just push all their well edited marketting videos.
It plain sucks.

Last edited:
Parts as well. And the fact that TA tends to discontinue parts support out of nowhere immediatley after they are discontinued is a fact of reality. Been there.
When TA says next to the pix "Hot Item", it absolutely is NOT a Hot Item! All BS Hype.
Only the TA Track kits are worth anything. TA's reputation only rests only on their Track kits. The rest is just RTR crap. Been that way for years. Been there. No more TA for me. Tekno, if I want a Track kit. The TA RTR radios are the worst crap going of all the RTR brands out there. ESC's also. The same RTR crap they have pushed for years now. No change.
And even few parts have been released to date. "Expected Late June". Late June is already here. All TA BS.
TA support is horrible IMHO. Even if it is only $219.00, what good is it if there is minimal support.
Having been a Diehard TA only Kit Fanboy many years ago. The last TA RTR I got was discontinued within 3 months of buying a Pro SE SCT. Every single part was also discontinued with it. POS. Sits on my shelf with busted diffs. Yeah the diffs were supposedly Sealed per the Box art etc. Yet no Gaskets or O- rings were installed on them, elusive to even find from TA. The diffs only had just some Grease inside them. Why the Diffs Sat and Sun gears kept tearing apart just running 2s packs. A 2 gear diff setup. Not 4 gear. What Garbage. I bet this 14MT is the same.
The ProSe SCT was just another ThunderTiger platform rebrand. Most of the RTR is. TT owns TA since the early 2000's. TA went downhill from there. The Track stuff rules. Yet parts can still be hard to get as well. Look over TA's web site well. They just push all their well edited marketting videos.
It plain sucks.

What is this pro Se sct?

You can still get diffs for the sc10 (t4 based).
You can still get them for the pro sc10..
The pro2 sc10 is the same as the pro, they only changed the name.

Far as I'm aware there isn't an sc10 out there you can't get the parts for?

I can still buy my original sc10 arms, hubs, axle, trans parts etc from ae.

Hell, I just bought diff pinions and arms for my Tc3 from them..

What kit are you talking about?

It plain sucks.
I would say this is no more of a gamble than any Rrraaaarrraaalllo (sp?), Bezgar, WLtoys, or any of the other seemingly hundreds of similar 1/12 to 1/16 scale options that you could purchase right now. The longevity of parts support for those companies is at least as equally suspect in my opinion.

I personally don't think "great" cars are made in the 1/18 to 1/14 scale RTR bashing category anyway. "Options", yeah. But nothing legendary. Just seems like a product segment that market wanted to fill to get an "entry" level car. No product really sticks out as being particularly memorable. People stick with micro scale, or 1/10 scale, or 1/8 scale, etc. But you don't really see people leaning hard into 1/16 or 1/14 scale stuff long term. Maybe i'm off my rocker though ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back