Infraction New infraction motor and ESC recomendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocwheaton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Time for a new motor and ESC formy infraction, but only because of failure, not because I want more power or speed.

Do i need to stay close to 2050Kv? I assume if that changes too much, I'd need to change the gearing to compensate.

I'd like something that's strong on 4S when car park/track racing the car.

Is a max 8 EzRun 2200Kv motor/ESC combo an ok choice?

Castle options?

Last edited:
Time for a new motor and ESC formy infraction, but only because of failure, not because I want more power or speed.

Do i need to stay close to 2050Kv? I assume if that changes too much, I'd need to change the gearing to compensate.

I'd like something that's strong on 4S when car park/track racing the car.

Is a max 8 EzRun 2200Kv motor/ESC combo an ok choice?

Castle options?

Would you ever want to run 6s?

If the answer to that is yes then you should not go to higher KV as 2200 kv on 6s in these 1/7 rigs get too hot.
If it will be dedicated for 4s use only then 2200kv works great.

You can always gear up on 4s with any KV to get the desired speed out of it as mentioned above by Lickety.

Would you ever want to run 6s?

If the answer to that is yes then you should not go to higher KV as 2200 kv on 6s in these 1/7 rigs get too hot.
If it will be dedicated for 4s use only then 2200kv works great.

You can always gear up on 4s with any KV to get the desired speed out of it as mentioned above by Lickety.
Not sure about 6S. 4S is fast enough for car park and track racing.

Thinking about a more race orientayed system, like this: https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...CkIZVvR3S_iqhxIaN0mhlwBZjcbB9OUMaAq_7EALw_wcB

I have an XR10 Pro in my race 1/10 truggy and that thing hauls ass on 2S! It's light of course.

Would the extra weight of the infraction maybe cause issues?

Your esc didn't fry did it? For your application I would just get a cheap 4082 motor (between 1500-2000kv) and keep using the spectrum esc.

A 4082 can dissipate ~20% more heat than the stock 4072.

Not sure about 6S. 4S is fast enough for car park and track racing.

Thinking about a more race orientayed system, like this: https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...CkIZVvR3S_iqhxIaN0mhlwBZjcbB9OUMaAq_7EALw_wcB

I have an XR10 Pro in my race 1/10 truggy and that thing hauls ass on 2S! It's light of course.

Would the extra weight of the infraction maybe cause issues?

Weight of the infraction and the fact that you will be on full throttle a large % of the time is a big consideration.
That load will fry most ESCs and motors depending on how fast you have it geared for and depending on ambient temps.

Thinking about 4s use you ideally want 2200 to 2800 KV so that the motor is peaking near 30-40k rpms.

If it were me I would go with either a Max6 or MMX8s and TP Power motor around 2400kv.

I don't love motors with open vents for on road use due to all the small debris that gets inside like that HW motor you linked.

Your esc didn't fry did it? For your application I would just get a cheap 4082 motor (between 1500-2000kv) and keep using the spectrum esc.

A 4082 can dissipate ~20% more heat than the stock 4072.
No the esc is fine. I'll be putting it back in my kraton which was a donor.

Will look into this motors thanks.
Just get a replacement from JennyRC. It works, it fits and no adjustments needed.
I wouldn't go above 2050kV.
I'm in Australia so it'll take 4 weeks plus to get here.
Weight of the infraction and the fact that you will be on full throttle a large % of the time is a big consideration.
That load will fry most ESCs and motors depending on how fast you have it geared for and depending on ambient temps.

Thinking about 4s use you ideally want 2200 to 2800 KV so that the motor is peaking near 30-40k rpms.

If it were me I would go with either a Max6 or MMX8s and TP Power motor around 2400kv.

I don't love motors with open vents for on road use due to all the small debris that gets inside like that HW motor you linked.
Thanks. Ill look into the tp power motors.

Sounds like you do not want to do 6S.... for bashing I enjoy the 6S with the stock 2050kv and I upped the ESC from a member here to a Firma 160A. Stock 18T pinion is good for bashing no need to go higher. I do run Game Changer fans on the motor/ESC for max coolness bashing creates a lot of heat.

Keep us posted on your 4S selection!

Last edited:
Guys, I'm torn between:

- the hobbywing max 6 combo 1650Kv motor

OR

- the hobbywing XR8 Pro g2 combo with 2000 (or 1900) Kv motor.

A few points I'm considering:

1- Will the XR8 will handle a 1/7 car with more weight than a usual 1/8 race rig it's designed for? My infraction runs a single battery so is a bit lighter.

i will be taking this car to a road race track in the near future for "just for fun" racing in whatever class they let me run in.

2- the max 6 combo is 428 grams heavier than the xr8 combo. Thats almost a 4S lipo weight difference. Will that be a factor on 4S?

3- Which will be faster on 4S? Does the XR8 ESC get more "power" out of 4S than a the max 6? I assume the max 6 combo manages heat better, but then makes the car heavier?

Hmmmm

@chocwheaton I would go with the one that will handle the heat/loads of a heavy 1/7 scale the best.

The Max6 likely has a little higher amperage rating and would be able to "get more power" out of the 4s setup while staying cooler also.
Maybe mix them? Use the Max 6 esc and separately buy a motor.

I recommend this motor personally: https://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_71_140&product_id=149

If you happen to order a TP Motor make sure to select M4 mounting screws for it to fit the Arrma motor mount.

Ended up getting the max 6 & 1650kv motor combo.

Got a 22 and 23 tooth pinion based on the Advice from the LHS, so will see how they go!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back