Kraton New Kraton 4s IC5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_H

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi,
I'm new to the world of Arrma vehicles but had a Kraton 4s delivered today. It looks great but I was surprised as I was expecting it to have EC5 battery connectors however it has IC5 instead. Have Arrma moved over to IC5 or have I got one someone returned after changing the connectors? The box was sealed and the plastic film was still loosely attached to the body and there's no signs of use.

IMG_20200325_103027.jpg

New ones come with this type of connector yes...so its not a returned one?

Thanks guys, it looked like it was new but I hadn't seen any mention of IC5 connectors in any review and the manual still shows the EC5 connectors so I just wanted to check. Can't believe I've now got to wait for however many weeks before I can actually get out and run it properly.

Thanks guys, it looked like it was new but I hadn't seen any mention of IC5 connectors in any review and the manual still shows the EC5 connectors so I just wanted to check. Can't believe I've now got to wait for however many weeks before I can actually get out and run it properly.
Why would you need to wait??? They are the same plugs

Keep your social distance while bashing in the neighborhood. Been raining here like every other day like a swamp p

The IC5 sends data from the battery to the charger while charging. It has nothing to do with running. That connector just allows those that use the special IC5 batteries to use the car, as well as everyone with normal EC5 batteries. The Senton I bought a few weeks ago had it (and the bad BLX100)

Last edited:
Yep, I know they're compatible. It just threw me as I hadn't seen any mention of them being used on the Kraton 4s. I can't reallyuse thruck at the moment as we're on lock down for at least three weeks.

They must be getting ready to switch to the Spektrum ESC's. That's my guess. You know it's coming and that's fine. The BLX series has run its course.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back