Mojave New Mojave - Any tips for a new owner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Typhon 6s
I’ve gone and don’t it again ??‍♂️ Just bought my third 6s Arrma. This time a Mojave, will be delivered in a few days. Can’t wait!!!

Any tips/ recommendations on first upgrades and parts to keep on hand? I have ordered a Scorched parts mudguards set as I will running it on mostly gravel/ dirt tracks. Are chassis braces a required upgrade as for other 6s cars? I have a replacement servo ready and will be replacing the transmitter and receiver before I even drive it.

I will buy one Mojave. And One Limitless soon.

I have Talion 6s

Move the Mojave system, to Limitless
Buy mamba max and the coming sensored motor soon to Mojave ?
Is this the Right way or not ?=

Change all plastic parts to RPM.
And then maybe go with better chassie like M2m Or so ?

Why not buy LOSI.-2.0 and be happy from beginning ?

Last edited:
I’ve gone and don’t it again ??‍♂️ Just bought my third 6s Arrma. This time a Mojave, will be delivered in a few days. Can’t wait!!!

Any tips/ recommendations on first upgrades and parts to keep on hand? I have ordered a Scorched parts mudguards set as I will running it on mostly gravel/ dirt tracks. Are chassis braces a required upgrade as for other 6s cars? I have a replacement servo ready and will be replacing the transmitter and receiver before I even drive it.
Just talkad about it, Mojave is the only 6S car I don't own. Buy MMX 8S and TP 4070 1520kv. I have MMX 8S in Talion and I can't explain how beastly it is.
For me only high power ESC for Mojave is MMX 8S, as it runs really cool.

I have a Notorious and Typhon 6s (recently Truggyfied) too. Would love a limitless eventually. ???

I plan on running the Mojave on stock motor and ESC for the foreseeable future. Do have my eye on the Hobbywing Max6/4985 combo (for all my 6s cars) but will wait until one of the stock motors or escs die.

Don’t know much a about the mamba x but does look like a decent setup.
Just talkad about it, Mojave is the only 6S car I don't own. Buy MMX 8S and TP 4070 1520kv. I have MMX 8S in Talion and I can't explain how beastly it is.
For me only high power ESC for Mojave is MMX 8S, as it runs really cool.

Thanks, I will definitely look into the MMX 8s combo then. Haven’t really had a problem with temps so far in the other rigs but appreciate the Mojave is a bigger beast. I do like to drive them hard! Would also mean I could pinion up I suppose and really make it move!

Last edited:
I have a Notorious and Typhon 6s (recently Truggyfied) too. Would love a limitless eventually. ???

I plan on running the Mojave on stock motor and ESC for the foreseeable future. Do have my eye on the Hobbywing Max6/4985 combo (for all my 6s cars) but will wait until one of the stock motors or escs die.

Don’t know much a about the mamba x but does look like a decent setup.
I run Max6 and TP 4070 1520kv in Kraton, and that is the most solid and reliable setup I know.
MMX 8S is very powerful, light, small, runs very cool and it is highly efficient. MMX 8S is considerably more expensive and hard to get, Amain stock them, and after day or two all are sold. MMX 8S is game changer if it hase the Max6 reliability.

Order extra body and bumper mounts. Those were the first things to go on my truck. if you run the truck hard enough you'll want to buy an upgraded frame and braces as well

Order extra body and bumper mounts. Those were the first things to go on my truck. if you run the truck hard enough you'll want to buy an upgraded frame and braces as well
Great, thanks. Does sound like a tough truck but I do like having a few pieces on hand to get me back out bashing again.

Great, thanks. Does sound like a tough truck but I do like having a few pieces on hand to get me back out bashing again.
It's tough for sure. I sent mine in stock condition about 15ft straight into the air and landed flat on pavement. The only thing that broke was the rear chassis brace.

So my Mojave arrived today! Have to admit I was shocked at how big it is! Impressive.

My son was so excited (really it was me) that I
decided that I needed to take it out for a quick test run. Ran it out full speed and then ran it back and what happened? Front wheel came flying off at full speed! Wheel flew into road in path of an oncoming SUV, sooo lucky it missed them and didn’t get run over. The car then slammed into a small concrete kerb! Front skid plate chunked but could have been so much worse. Even found the nut in grass.

Moral of the story? Take a deep breathe and check everything is tight before going out for your first run ??‍♂️??
BD4D257C-1A7F-444A-8B50-28F75D94C518.jpeg
92C41B00-1714-4251-93A8-DA1E977B02D2.jpeg

So my Mojave arrived today! Have to admit I was shocked at how big it is! Impressive.

My son was so excited (really it was me) that I
decided that I needed to take it out for a quick test run. Ran it out full speed and then ran it back and what happened? Front wheel came flying off at full speed! Wheel flew into road in path of an oncoming SUV, sooo lucky it missed them and didn’t get run over. The car then slammed into a small concrete kerb! Front skid plate chunked but could have been so much worse. Even found the nut in grass.

Moral of the story? Take a deep breathe and check everything is tight before going out for your first run ??‍♂️??View attachment 84278View attachment 84279
It's fine, every truck must be baptised, so that's it. Damage is not even visible from standing point.
Great truck, I am sure that your son and you will have crazy fun time!!!.

It's fine, every truck must be baptised, so that's it. Damage is not even visible from standing point.
Great truck, I am sure that your son and you will have crazy fun time!!!.

The trucks been baptised! Love it ? ?? Yeah damage is just superficial, I even ordered a set of skid plates when I bought it so had spares if it was worse.

Thanks, can definitely tell this truck is here stay and much fun will be had! ?

Man when I get mine I’m gonna be blown away by the size. My next 2 biggest ones are a granite and a typhon 6s ? that’s half the reason why I got it tbh. And that green looks awesome. Only wish the components were green or black to match vs red.

Yeah if the components matched the colour it would be cool. It’s massive compared to my Typhon. My son has a slash 4x4 and the size difference is amazing.

The car is so much fun to drive. It’s taken a few more hard hits but seems to be holding up great. Very impressed.

My tire flew off as well. Thankfully I was in a parking lot. I used Teflon tape on all 4. But only the front left comes loose still.

Put ya a yeah racing twin turbo fan... a dusty shroud xxxl cover..it collects earth like you wouldn't believe ... And try a 18t Robinson racing Pinon...

I’ve got the scorched mud guards in the mail last week. Decided to stick w the tbones. I’ll see you my unused scorched if u can’t get em

I’ve got the scorched mud guards in the mail last week. Decided to stick w the tbones. I’ll see you my unused scorched if u can’t get em

Really appreciate the offer ?? but already ordered them last week. Should be here any day.

Has anyone messed around with the stock shocks and as wondering if anyone found the happy spot with the adjustment?

i have found a sweet spot that i like on the Mojave for shock setup. i usually run my truck on my home-made track with some jumps, nothing to huge though like maybe 1-3 foot jumps. handles really well into corners on dirt. There's 80wt Losi oil in the front and 50w Losi oil in the rear. I also modified the sway bar links and moved the sway bars in towards the chassis. The shocks i have set at about 1/8 preload or so, could attach a picture later. On grass, if you go to fast it will flip, but on dirt, it handles super well on 6s. has some chassis slap with 6s in it, but it doesn't bother me. On 4s it is much lighter and doesn't have as much slap. Im still trying different weights and oils yet, but so far this is my favorite.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back