Mojave New Mojave - Any tips for a new owner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have found a sweet spot that i like on the Mojave for shock setup. i usually run my truck on my home-made track with some jumps, nothing to huge though like maybe 1-3 foot jumps. handles really well into corners on dirt. There's 80wt Losi oil in the front and 50w Losi oil in the rear. I also modified the sway bar links and moved the sway bars in towards the chassis. The shocks i have set at about 1/8 preload or so, could attach a picture later. On grass, if you go to fast it will flip, but on dirt, it handles super well on 6s. has some chassis slap with 6s in it, but it doesn't bother me. On 4s it is much lighter and doesn't have as much slap. Im still trying different weights and oils yet, but so far this is my favorite.
I was running 70 front and 60 rear w more slap than I prefer. Now that I’m bigger and heavier I’m running 100 front and 80 rear!! Handles and lands like a pillow. Peep my vids!

You guys with the scorched fenders US based? Curious on what shipping and everything on them would be. Got my truck and did the first run and I love the truck but in freshly mowed grass, clean up sucks! But man I love this truck. Exactly what I wanted in a rc. Watching it handle the bumps and everything is awesome. I may experiment with the handling at some point, I wouldn’t want to change it too much because the way it moves is amazing.

Attachments

• C778B47C-22C6-47D0-A647-C733D771BFB9.jpeg
    C778B47C-22C6-47D0-A647-C733D771BFB9.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 46
Cool pic! ?

I’m uk based so it was just a local delivery for me from Scorched Parts.

Not installed them yet, it been really dry here lately and I’ve been mostly driving it in short grass. I’ll definitely use them before I hit any gravel tracks or mud.

I’ve been driving this everyday since I got it. Love it! My Typhon and Notorious are both held up on the bench as they are getting m2c makeovers. ?

I think I’m gonna bite the bullet and order them. I’m sure they will get delivered eventually ? and thanks. I had to do a comparison with my youngest (turns 4 in august)

So my Mojave arrived today! Have to admit I was shocked at how big it is! Impressive.

My son was so excited (really it was me) that I
decided that I needed to take it out for a quick test run. Ran it out full speed and then ran it back and what happened? Front wheel came flying off at full speed! Wheel flew into road in path of an oncoming SUV, sooo lucky it missed them and didn’t get run over. The car then slammed into a small concrete kerb! Front skid plate chunked but could have been so much worse. Even found the nut in grass.

Moral of the story? Take a deep breathe and check everything is tight before going out for your first run ??‍♂️??View attachment 84278View attachment 84279
So calm and cool about it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back