New Mojave body launch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Thoughts??

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...ruck-riviera-black-body-mojave/PRO361818.html

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...phy-truck-clear-body-mojave-6s/PRO361817.html

1694708283425.png

1694708306062.png

Nice there is an extra option. I think it's a body that asks for the whole car to be lower than the stock Mojave body. Lost some of the beefyness compared to the Mojave but that will add to looks if it's lower and has smaller tires than stock. Also think airbrushing can make this body stand out more than the stock paint scheme from Proline. Seems the stock internal cage works fine.

It looks ok, but it seems to still incorporate the inner cage structure and drivers? Maybe with smoked windows, a cage/driver delete, and a simple anti-roll brace it would still look good and be a couple of pounds lighter?

But still prefer the looks of the stock body over these.
Same here.

hmmm this might be like that song you’ll have to hear a couple of hundred times to start liking it….
Same thought here.

For parking lot bashing, with the body posts lowered it might be exactly what I want. Some gravel, some pavement, not too low to hit every little obstacle.
I think the Proline body beats the Mojave body by far when built as a lowered street car:

20230203_161649.jpg

Where the Mojave looks more aggressive with the higher body the Proline will look more aggressive when lowered. Guessing a bit, not sure. Might also look good with body post lowered and stock Mojave tires.

@Steve B in Vegas ? Yo man, you’re the resident Mojave tire guru. Any thoughts on those new Prolines? Have you given them a shake yet? And yeah, I know the Raid wheels suck pond water but those tires look good!
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...17mm-blk-raid-2-mojave-6s-udr/PRO1022410.html
I’m not really nuts about that new body, though. I’d love to see a current generation F-250 body, though…
Howdy Dan,

I spoke with a few friends about these, and I want to get one in-hand fairly soon. If it's lighter and maybe a bit easier on the eye when trimmed up, it might be the ticket. Might get one in a month or so. I broke down and purchased a Kyosho Turbo Optima to relive that part of my childhood, so I'm out of lunch money for a bit. I just couldn't fight that one off any longer. I still have my original Turbo Optima from 1987. Crazy.

Anyhow, I do want to get the body tested in that if it makes a handling differences, I'd like to see just how much.

s

Howdy Dan,

I spoke with a few friends about these, and I want to get one in-hand fairly soon. If it's lighter and maybe a bit easier on the eye when trimmed up, it might be the ticket. Might get one in a month or so. I broke down and purchased a Kyosho Turbo Optima to relive that part of my childhood, so I'm out of lunch money for a bit. I just couldn't fight that one off any longer. I still have my original Turbo Optima from 1987. Crazy.

Anyhow, I do want to get the body tested in that if it makes a handling differences, I'd like to see just how much.

s
I meant the tires. Those new Mirage ProLines. Was wondering if you tried them. They look pretty good. I linked them above.

Doh...!

I did see those and will be getting a set to review. I suspect they will struggle on loose surfaces, but they look nifty and scale. Unfortunately with PL owned by HH, I won't be able to get any tech questions answered about the tires by PL.

s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back