New motor ROTOR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruzty1311

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 3s
Ok guys so I blew a Firma Spektrum 3200kv motor a little bit ago and I had a couple spares. What I did was take the magnetic rotor out of the bad motor, which looked freyed from im guessing metal fragments from my blown bearing, and stuck in a good rotor out of a new motor and it turned perfectly whereas with the bad rotor it would bind a bit.

My question is, can you buy JUST a new rotor to put into one of these motors and if so, where the hell do you get one from lol?

Thanks!!!

Ok guys so I blew a Firma Spektrum 3200kv motor a little bit ago and I had a couple spares. What I did was take the magnetic rotor out of the bad motor, which looked freyed from im guessing metal fragments from my blown bearing, and stuck in a good rotor out of a new motor and it turned perfectly whereas with the bad rotor it would bind a bit.

My question is, can you buy JUST a new rotor to put into one of these motors and if so, where the hell do you get one from lol?

Thanks!!!
I don't know the answer to that question. But I do have a question. My motor shakes at lower speeds till it gets more speed than it gets smoother. Have you ever had this problem. And if I try to drive up a hill, the low end can't provide enough torque. And I have a 14 to 57 tooth. So it should have plenty. Sometimes the motor struggles so much that it cuts out, leaving me with just steering. So I have to switch it on and off again. If you have had this problem, do you know how to fix it?

Not aware you can buy spare rotors, you are stuck with getting a complete new one.

Check your motor bearings and mount. There should no play and no vibrations.

Yea I would say pop open the motor housing and wiggle the pinion gear rod around in a circular motion and like above said, there should be 0 play whatsoever. If there IS play, that means one or both of your bearings are about to blow or already have lol

It could also be one of your diffs going out. Gotta take the center driveshaft off and do some troubleshooting to see if you have any binding in them.

Last edited:
Besides bad bearings, I had a motor where the bearing support was worn out i.e. the motor cap. The bearing literally fell out once I opened it up.
Wow thats a new one for me lol Crazy

No, this was a hobbywing 4968 motor. I actually used a little JBWeld and glued the bearing back in. Still bashing but only on 2nd pack so far. I don't give it much longer and new motor on order.Getting it in straight was a challenge but it holds for now.

No, this was a hobbywing 4968 motor. I actually used a little JBWeld and glued the bearing back in. Still bashing but only on 2nd pack so far. I don't give it much longer and new motor on order.Getting it in straight was a challenge but it holds for now.
As long as she rotates haha Thats what HE said!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back