Outcast New Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmann68

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi everyone, well I picked up a new Outcast a couple weeks ago and it’s been a blast so far! Using the great advice in this forum, I’ve checked a few things over and have also added an aluminum servo mount. Only problem I’ve encountered is minor—I’ve lost 3 or 4 wheel nuts while running. Replaced them with some locking Team Associated 1/8 nuts, good so far now. 7 battery packs thru it now and all is well. Question for you guys: planning a trip to sand dunes with our Jeep, I’m thinking of taking Outcast with and letting it rip in the dunes. Bad idea? Will the sand chew up everything that moves or will it be ok? Think I already know answer but thought I’d see what others have experienced. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• EFCF23EB-9BA3-4EFC-81C2-12FA0A12C71C.jpeg
    EFCF23EB-9BA3-4EFC-81C2-12FA0A12C71C.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 51
Hi everyone, well I picked up a new Outcast a couple weeks ago and it’s been a blast so far! Using the great advice in this forum, I’ve checked a few things over and have also added an aluminum servo mount. Only problem I’ve encountered is minor—I’ve lost 3 or 4 wheel nuts while running. Replaced them with some locking Team Associated 1/8 nuts, good so far now. 7 battery packs thru it now and all is well. Question for you guys: planning a trip to sand dunes with our Jeep, I’m thinking of taking Outcast with and letting it rip in the dunes. Bad idea? Will the sand chew up everything that moves or will it be ok? Think I already know answer but thought I’d see what others have experienced. Thanks!!!
Glad to hear your having a good time. About the sand. It gets into places you couldn't imagine so blowing or rinsing it off after each run is important. If you still have stock bearings, that will multiply the amount of sand that goes where it's not supposed to. If you don't mind tearing it down after to really clean it, go for it. If that scares you, I might reconsider.

Glad to hear your having a good time. About the sand. It gets into places you couldn't imagine so blowing or rinsing it off after each run is important. If you still have stock bearings, that will multiply the amount of sand that goes where it's not supposed to. If you don't mind tearing it down after to really clean it, go for it. If that scares you, I might reconsider.
Thanks for the input, I don’t mind tearing down the truck, but It’s alotta work for a bit of running. Might just stick to dirt ??

Rubber sealed bearings and rear CVDs axles would minimize the contamination but that’s a lot of prep work too

If your willing to put in the time for proper maintenance, I say go for it. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back