Infraction New rc love chassis protectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hi guys, I've had my v2 for 3 days now and the weather hasn't been good enough to run it, I've been 3d printing side guards and some mods but the more i look at it the more i want to keep it in great condition. Normally i hammer my rcs but this one is too pretty.

I want to put a chassis protector underneath, i don't want one of those tacky stickers i want to put some self adhesive thick plastic on there, im in my mid forties now but when i was a teen i used to put a plastic layer on the complete underside of my skate board called zed tailslide, it was about 2mm thick and very tough, that doesn't exist anymore but does anyone know of anything similar?

So I used to buy pieces of clear numberplate sheet from a motocross store for stoneguards on bike plastics. Stuff was thick and tough and sticky AF. Not sure if it is still around, but it would make a great chassis protector.

I honestly stopped caring about scuffs on the underside of my all road chassis. I looked at those vinyl chassis protectors, but they cost almost $50. When you consider a whole new chassis can be had for $45.47 from Jenny's - I just decided to bash on and have a spare chassis in my parts bin if I ever want it to look pretty again..

Also, I figure I'd wreck it and tweak the chassis before I put enough scrape marks on the chassis to render it too damaged to use.

I honestly stopped caring about scuffs on the underside of my all road chassis. I looked at those vinyl chassis protectors, but they cost almost $50. When you consider a whole new chassis can be had for $45.47 from Jenny's - I just decided to bash on and have a spare chassis in my parts bin if I ever want it to look pretty again..

Also, I figure I'd wreck it and tweak the chassis before I put enough scrape marks on the chassis to render it too damaged to use.

Yep.... 👍

The do look awesome, i assume they are just a thin vinyl though and offer little to no benefit other than looks?

They look cool but are utterly useless. They will be scratched off in no time. Even off road they don't last long.
Bash on and buy a new chassis, it's cheaper in the longrun.

I haven't had time to test it yet so I can't give an opinion there yet.

but better something than nothing 😉 and just looks super dope 😎 and it's something different from the rest of the gang

There are some metal skid plates sold on eBay for the infraction.
I assume you could replicate the design in plastic. I believe you would only need them in the front and rear, not needing to fully cover the chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back