Outcast New Shocks on the Outcast 4S!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stangken

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 4s
Just finished installing Talion 6s shocks on the 4s Outcast. I was able to swap over the stock 4s springs.

Things to note:
-Stock shock leaked without me taking the truck outside. It started leaking after driving only 20 ft in the house. I was correcting the steering inside as this is my wife’s mother’s day gift and I wanted it sorted out when she opens it.

-I needed to use 3 washers on each upper shock mount to eliminate the slop as the stock shock caps’ mounting area is wider.

- I needed to add a couple washers on the lower front shock mounts as the front half-shafts were rubbing on the spring perch.

I’ll let you know how it drives this weekend when the wife opens it. Also, I painted an F100 body for her :)

Attachments

• AB0E44D8-92A0-4C13-900E-24BDB7D1C450.jpeg
    AB0E44D8-92A0-4C13-900E-24BDB7D1C450.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 335
  • A1883D0E-FACA-44DA-BD5B-4C56A4899CBC.jpeg
    A1883D0E-FACA-44DA-BD5B-4C56A4899CBC.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 271
  • AF37B7FC-44C1-4B01-AF08-A28E6C6DD234.jpeg
    AF37B7FC-44C1-4B01-AF08-A28E6C6DD234.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 268
  • 3D3A0C30-8F92-442B-9975-592FF417DC32.jpeg
    3D3A0C30-8F92-442B-9975-592FF417DC32.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 249
I'm glad you posted the pic of the new body. I have been trying to figure out which bodies fit. I just happen to have one of those laying around I didn't even think about going that route.

You are a great husband and she mist be super cool because she enjoys RC. I know of 0 women that like it. Certainly not my girlfriend! She doesn't hate it but definitely not her thang.

You are a great husband and she mist be super cool because she enjoys RC. I know of 0 women that like it. Certainly not my girlfriend! She doesn't hate it but definitely not her thang.

I’ll second that. My wife’s the same, she tolerates it lol

Same. My wife really likes that I have it for something to do, but it's not her gig.

She drove one once... a t-maxx. 30 seconds and straight into a fence at WOT. She handed the remote back and went back to the park bench. I told her to try again, she's like "nah, now I can say I drove one."

LOL!

Same. My wife really likes that I have it for something to do, but it's not her gig.

She drove one once... a t-maxx. 30 seconds and straight into a fence at WOT. She handed the remote back and went back to the park bench. I told her to try again, she's like "nah, now I can say I drove one."

LOL!
That's hysterical!

LOL!
That is 100% word for word, exactly what my wife would do and say as well lol

LOL!
Too bad my other half & my sister don't like to give up like that. They definitely gave a certain Typhon a run for its money. Thanks to that, they think all cars are suppose to be that tough.

Just finished installing Talion 6s shocks on the 4s Outcast. I was able to swap over the stock 4s springs.

Things to note:
-Stock shock leaked without me taking the truck outside. It started leaking after driving only 20 ft in the house. I was correcting the steering inside as this is my wife’s mother’s day gift and I wanted it sorted out when she opens it.

-I needed to use 3 washers on each upper shock mount to eliminate the slop as the stock shock caps’ mounting area is wider.

- I needed to add a couple washers on the lower front shock mounts as the front half-shafts were rubbing on the spring perch.

I’ll let you know how it drives this weekend when the wife opens it. Also, I painted an F100 body for her :)
Those shocks look really nice on there and super beefy.
Too bad the stockers still suck.

Things to note:

Well put together bit of info @stangken. Should help a lot of members out. Nice work on that body too. Gonna be hard for her to top it come father's day. ?

Took the Outcast 4s out with the 6s Talion shocks and stock 4s springs. The truck drives excellent. The wife even pulled off a perfect backflip on a jump even though it was accidental. The 4s took a beating and was surprised that nothing broke. However, the painted body didn’t do so well. It split where the cab meets the bed. Oh well. Will likely bash with the stock body next time. Also, It is much more controllable on 3s than 4s. 4s is insane.

Took the Outcast 4s out with the 6s Talion shocks and stock 4s springs. The truck drives excellent. The wife even pulled off a perfect backflip on a jump even though it was accidental. The 4s took a beating and was surprised that nothing broke. However, the painted body didn’t do so well. It split where the cab meets the bed. Oh well. Will likely bash with the stock body next time. Also, It is much more controllable on 3s than 4s. 4s is insane.
Yep, 3s is the sweet spot on this truck and maby up the pinion a bit.

Are the shocks from the outcast same as the kratons 4s. BTW do you have the part nr. of the talion shocks?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back