Kraton New to Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S2KROB

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hello all,

I'm new to Arrma RCs. I have both a Notorious and a Kraton. Come from a few years in the hobby mainly with Traxxas products. I enjoy the build more than the bash.

IMG_20181202_123302_068.jpg

20181217_072902.jpg
20181217_073745.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all,

I'm new to Arrma RCs. I have both a Notorious and a Kraton. Come from a few years in the hobby mainly with Traxxas products. I enjoy the build more than the bash.

View attachment 25443
For me building is always more fun that bashing. Idk what it is about tinkering with these things, but I can get lost for hours replacing and cleaning things.

Sweet. I'm about to paint a new body I got and I think I'm gonna do something similar to this, except I'm painting it metallic purple with red trimming on the sides and maybe a couple of white lines across the middle.
Purple comes out nice, here is my Slash street truck with some purple.
20180627_204437.jpg

Post more about your slash in the “other rc” forum. Interested because I am building a 2wd slash raptor for nephew, and also got him a 4x4 platinum for ?

Welcome to the forum. Love the work you've done on both your rigs. Hope your Arrma treats you well. So far so good from someone else who also ran Traxxas previously.

Welcome to the forum. Love the work you've done on both your rigs. Hope your Arrma treats you well. So far so good from someone else who also ran Traxxas previously.
So far they have, I had my Notorious now for about 4 months. I do love how easy it is to work on them. Coming from Traxxas main thing I miss is the parts support as you can get them parts at any LHS.

So far they have, I had my Notorious now for about 4 months. I do love how easy it is to work on them. Coming from Traxxas main thing I miss is the parts support as you can get them parts at any LHS.
Doesn't mean they have the parts you need in stock, mine for some reason is always out of whatever it is I need for my Traxxas trucks. Hell one day I went in with a list of like 12 different things I wanted for my 4x4 Stampede and they didn't have a single part in stock.

Doesn't mean they have the parts you need in stock, mine for some reason is always out of whatever it is I need for my Traxxas trucks. Hell one day I went in with a list of like 12 different things I wanted for my 4x4 Stampede and they didn't have a single part in stock.
Wow, that has never happened to me. There's 3 good local shops here in Southern California. For the most part it's all good because Amazon takes good care of the parts issue.

I'm noticing that Arrma parts seem to be filling up more space in the many local hobby shops here in Toronto. Confidence has raised demand, so hopefully the future stays bright.

Wow, that has never happened to me. There's 3 good local shops here in Southern California. For the most part it's all good because Amazon takes good care of the parts issue.
Yeah the next closest hobby store is 4 hours 55 min in one direction and 5 hours in the other........ So I use ebay and buy from other hobby shops and just wait.
This time of year the wait isn't too bad because there is usually tons of snow and its freezing balls outside. But all the snow is melted off and it's going to be 50* tomorrow so I'm going to try and get out bash.

Yeah the next closest hobby store is 4 hours 55 min in one direction and 5 hours in the other........ So I use ebay and buy from other hobby shops and just wait.
This time of year the wait isn't too bad because there is usually tons of snow and its freezing balls outside. But all the snow is melted off and it's going to be 50* tomorrow so I'm going to try and get out bash.
Well one the positive side, colder weather means higher gearing! It only drops to about 50 degrees here and I geared up already. Lol

What part of SoCal are you in? I'm in the SF valley and I've been to a few RC shops around but the only really great one I've found is called eHobby Shop.

What part of SoCal are you in? I'm in the SF valley and I've been to a few RC shops around but the only really great one I've found is called eHobby Shop.
I'm in LA County (La Mirada), here you have Rob's RC in Huntington Beach, Tony's in LA Puente and Gearbox in Fullerton. They all have good support.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back