New to beadlock tires. Binding on install. Help pls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
New to installing beadlock. Issue when I get them about tight, one side slips out. I am doing a star pattern, I did try rubber bands, but what I have too tight. I've swapped sides, cleaned, removed foam, etc. Just seems to be these tires I do not know 🤷‍♂️ I am nit using a drill doing by hand with a few turns at a time. Tried some Silcone spray and it just made it slip out faster.

Any videos, tips or tricks to get a difficult beadlock to stay in during assembly?

These are 2.2 rims and tires.

1695098579151.png

1695098609668.png

Is the tire out of round?
Deformed from the factory..?
They are not new. Used tires given to me from a friend I removed from him beadlock rims transferring the tires to my new rims.

I've done a few but they were all new and not this difficult.

New to installing beadlock. Issue when I get them about tight, one side slips out. I am doing a star pattern, I did try rubber bands, but what I have too tight. I've swapped sides, cleaned, removed foam, etc. Just seems to be these tires I do not know 🤷‍♂️ I am nit using a drill doing by hand with a few turns at a time. Tried some Silcone spray and it just made it slip out faster.

Any videos, tips or tricks to get a difficult beadlock to stay in during assembly?

These are 2.2 rims and tires.

View attachment 323017
View attachment 323019
Try putting the tire in the freezer. Maybe it will stiffen the tire making it easier 🤷‍♂️

A little shrinkage from the cold might happen to help that fit better.
Those looked like ryft tires. What aluminum rims are those? I have the ryft kit and I'm looking for aluminum rims.

Last edited:
Thx fam for all the tips. I got them on thinking since they are used and not well kept might be the issue. Time will tell if they stay on.

1695168015292.png

Thx!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back