New to the 1/10 Touring game.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Can anyone recommend some really good road tires for the 1/10 touring cars? I have a couple of sets of wheels I need tires and foam inserts for. I have a couple of sets coming from AliExpress, but I really haven’t found any “premium” tires or recommendations for them yet.
Also, recommendations for foam inserts? They seem to be classed by color, and I have no experience with this at all.

I happened to picked these Foamies up 2 months ago for my TC3. Forgot where though. They were on sale. Needed them.
I couldn't find the Belted Rubber ones that I really liked. Yokos. They are shot. Great traction but wore out fast.
I'm trying these Foamies now. My TC3 pushes alot.
So I bought 42 Shore and 40 Shore hardness for swapping from front to rear. See how they perform, which way is best.
(y)

20230706_152048.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I will be getting some foams as well for one rig, but I need some good, soft rubber tires with inserts for the other.

You just picked up a 1/10 touring car too? Are we being bombarded with subliminal messaging here in the northeast? I just got a TT-02 Subaru BRZ that I started putting together this afternoon, and an upgraded TT-02 chassis off Amazon that hasn't arrived yet. I'm not as knowledgeable with tire compounds as I'd like to be so I'm definitely going to keep my eyes on this post for recommendations.

Yokomo makes the best IMHO. Hard to find here in the States.
I had Belted versions and bought separate Closed cell medium foam inserts for them. They were good tires for pavement. Meant really for Carpet when I raced my TC3. Guess why they wore out fast. The best tires in all the years I had this TC3. I burned out many sets of them.
These foams were super cheap on sale. Wished I bought more. I don't expect Foamies to last long. I could be wrong.
The TC3 is very light. All Carbon composite, Factory Team Edition. I never ran Foamies before on my TC3. But these are super light and almost perfectly balanced out the box.
This old Contact brand is now owned/made by Schumacher. A Uk brand.

Last edited:
You just picked up a 1/10 touring car too? Are we being bombarded with subliminal messaging here in the northeast? I just got a TT-02 Subaru BRZ that I started putting together this afternoon, and an upgraded TT-02 chassis off Amazon that hasn't arrived yet. I'm not as knowledgeable with tire compounds as I'd like to be so I'm definitely going to keep my eyes on this post for recommendations.
Yeah, I was seduced by the very cool, scale bodies available for them. Info on tires is scarce on the interweb, though.

I noticed that recently a Wide TC body and chassis now exists. Somewhat of a new Spec class. Easier to drive. One Race brand offers the parts right in their kit to make it in both versions. Wide or standard width. The newer bodies are really nice now. More Aero.

Last edited:
1/10 parts, wheels etc are not expensive compared to the 1/8 stuff out there. Just my TC3 is vintage at this point hard to get parts.
Wish Tekno got into the TC scene. Wishful thinking. Just they are an Off Road brand. Always have been. I know they could do it well if they wanted to.
But TC's are dead here in the states. Petered out. Way Bigger following over in Asia. and the EU. Racing TC's there promotes the whole TC support thing.
Its why we cant get the good wheels and stuff here for them. They are all foreign Race brands with little if any support here in the states.

We used to race 1/10 nitro touring around here in the late 90's, early 00's. Everyone ran foam tires, Yokomo, GRP fast tyres, or Jaco's, never rubber. These days it seems like all the rubber tires are better suited to drifting than touring, at least what I've seen. I agree the Yokomos were the best of the foams. I used 32 or 35 shore. Most guys who ran nitro TC3's ran Jaco pinks because they were sold at the LHS. Hooked up well but the rims were easy to crack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back