New Duratrax tire release: Warthog for 1/5 and 1/10 scale rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Just ran across this on Horizon's site, Duratrax Warthog tires for 1/5 and 1/10 scale rigs. Very interested tread pattern, will be interesting to see how they do. Awesome to see their 2.8 wheels get removable hexes! šŸ‘

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...-tires-mtd-12mm-black-ripper-2/DTX564310.html

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...-tires-mtd-24mm-black-ripper-2/DTX564110.html
Screenshot 2023-05-04 090826.png

haha man you gotta come from under that rock!! two of us posted about this like a month or two ago. I'm terrified of duratrax tires even when they're belted though. I couldn't imagine some non belted ones, sounds like an explosion waiting to happen :ROFLMAO:

haha man you gotta come from under that rock!! two of us posted about this like a month or two ago. I'm terrified of duratrax tires even when they're belted though. I couldn't imagine some non belted ones, sounds like an explosion waiting to happen :ROFLMAO:
Missed it, must have been one of the rare times when I'm not on the board multiple times a day, lol. So far Duratrax has released a belted version of all of their other 2.8MT tires, I'm assuming (and hoping) they will with this because thats what I want. I guess its not guaranteed though.

I've run about 50-60 packs of 4s through my belted 2.8 Six Packs and they are still going strong, the non-belted version softens up too much and balloons like crazy just on 3s, had one pair and would never buy again unless I want to run 2s when I'm 80 years old. :ROFLMAO:

I don't mind the look, kinda weird but I'd be more interested in how they perform. Kinda like the stock Fireteam tires. Ugliest stock rc tires I've seen yet, but they take so much abuse and handle rough terrain so good I'll keep a set in my tire collection. šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:
+1
Not belted.....(n)
Tread pattern doesn't grab me at all. A showy design. That's all.
And what is with those wheel add-on rings. "CLip Lock Wheel Face" .Do you really think they will handle bashing use??? Doubt it.
Just showy stuff. And the DTX link is Pushing them like you "Need" them at $10.00 per pair of them.
Personally didn't like the PL hex adapters. They are known to crack. Not sure how these will stack up. Alloy adapters would be better. PL likes to charge an Arm and a Leg for them too. If DTX made Alloy adapters much cheaper, I could justify it.
Wheel adapter type wheels, just make it less costly to Inventory RC wheels. One wheel can crossover to other Hex sizes. Adapters just increase the liability of a wheel failure.
I never strip my wheel hexes. Not a thing for me.

Holy crap what a bunch of negative Nancys! :ROFLMAO: j/k lol

The NAME of the tire is WARTHOG! People are disappointed it doesn't look good???:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've never stripped a hex or cracked a hub on a Proline wheel or any brand. I did break a Hot Racing 17mm aluminum adaptor and the Proline hex it was on was fine:ROFLMAO:. In fairness the hot racing part broke against the 7075 aluminum Tekno 12mm hex it was mounted on.

I'm just hoping replaceable will mean a 17mm option is available like the Proline wheels, thats the only reason I care.

If it turns out reviews say it grips good AND they make a belted version I'll be happy with it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back