Granite New Voltage No Go

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkipWiley

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Vorteks
  4. Voltage
Hey Guys, just bought a new Granite Voltage and it was delivered yesterday and I have two issues

First I put the supplied AA batteries in the controller and when I power it on the indicator light does not light. Checked the batts with a multi meter and they are good. Tried another set of new batteries I had in the shop and same result. At this point I'm thinking the indicator light is no good.

So, I charge up the 1800mah battery and install it in the truck. This is where I run into my second issue. With the controller switched "on" I power on the ESC and nothing. No noise, no light on the ESC...nothing.

I could see one or the other being an issue but both at the same time? Am I missing something simple here?

-Skip

I feel like it’s always a gamble with Amazon. You never know where they are getting their stuff. If you bought it prime then that’s good since it’s easy to return and get another. But maybe a loose connection on the truck? The fact that neither work makes me think the whole thing was faulty and Amazon is selling it as new. Idk

did you try to gently slide the on off switch on the esc? I thought I had the same problem bc it looks like a button you push but it’s actually a sliding switch lol

did you try to gently slide the on off switch on the esc? I thought I had the same problem bc it looks like a button you push but it’s actually a sliding switch lol
Yeah, I do know it is a switch...although I did think it was a button at first 😂

The Voltage is discontinued. It is very old stuff anyway. You would be hard pressed even getting warranty parts from HH because of that. Return it ASAP. Quick.
The Voltage was $100. cheap Arrma of years past. Obsolete now. EVEN the Nimpack could be too old from sitting around. 1800mah pack is a joke by todays standard. Nimpacks crap out from sitting unused. They have a limited storage shelf life. Bad ones happen a lot.
Get an Armma rig that will give you a good experience. One with a Lipo battery and Brushless motor for sure.
Because this Voltage just won't do you any justice. You will throw it away when it breaks.
Just me.
:cool:

The Voltage is discontinued. It is very old stuff anyway. You would be hard pressed even getting warranty parts from HH because of that. Return it ASAP. Quick.
The Voltage was $100. cheap Arrma of years past. Obsolete now. EVEN the Nimpack could be too old from sitting around. 1800mah pack is a joke by todays standard. Nimpacks crap out from sitting unused. They have a limited storage shelf life. Bad ones happen a lot.
Get an Armma rig that will give you a good experience. One with a Lipo battery and Brushless motor for sure.
Because this Voltage just won't do you any justice. You will throw it away when it breaks.
Just me.
I agree

Just me.
I don’t disagree with anything you said. And I’m a rookie and not very knowledgeable here.

But I will say the voltage is an absolute blast to drive. Lightweight, RWD, big tires. Really wakes up on lipo and especially with an upgraded 550 motor.

Just me.
I did get a Email from Tower yesterday saying the Granite Voltage is on sale for $89. My first thought was "is it discontinued?" :(

Voltage is only a few years old (came out just before the 1/10 4x4 platform, after Arrma dropped their old TVP rear motor 2wd platform). The platform seemed to have potential, but Arrma never made a beefed up version (metal gears, slipper, decent shocks, upgraded CVD's, Brushless)

I never bought a voltage, I was waiting for them to BLX it. 2WD trucks are not great jumpers, but the are a lot of fun as dirt lot / grass park / beach bashers.

Just me.

Where did you see that the Voltage was discontinued? Horizon Hobby shows the red and blue one as next shipment April 2021. If it was discontinued it would most likely say discontinued.

Voltage No Go update:
Spoiler alert - It works and it's a blast!!
So I'll give you the short version...Boxing it up to return it and I put the batteries in the controller so they wouldn't roll around in the box during shipment. I turned it on for giggles and it powered on! So now I figure I may as well try the truck again...slid the switch on and after a good 4-5 second delay it powered up too! Maybe I just didn't wait long enough when I tried it before? Anywho...took it out for a rip and this little truck is fun as hell. Thanks for the help guys.
I don’t disagree with anything you said. And I’m a rookie and not very knowledgeable here.

But I will say the voltage is an absolute blast to drive. Lightweight, RWD, big tires. Really wakes up on lipo and especially with an upgraded 550 motor.
What lipos and 550 are you running?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back