Typhon Nimh Mega battery heating up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silentknight

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
When my son runs his Typhon Mega with the stock Nimh battery, the battery itself gets quite hot. I can barely hold the battery when he's done. Is this normal for this chemistry of battery? When he runs a 2s Lipo, it doesn't heat up. I don't mind just running the lipos in that rig, I was just curious.

When my son runs his Typhon Mega with the stock Nimh battery, the battery itself gets quite hot. I can barely hold the battery when he's done. Is this normal for this chemistry of battery? When he runs a 2s Lipo, it doesn't heat up. I don't mind just running the lipos in that rig, I was just curious.

Are you changing the jumper on the ESC when you swap between LiPo and NiMh?
Screenshot_20210714-165923_Drive.jpg

Yep, I've been changing the jumper between the two different batteries
Is the motor heating up as well? If nothing else, it may be a bad battery. Maybe one of the discharge leads has a bad connection and is causing things to heat up. How are the wires after a run?

The esc and motor get pretty hot as well. The wires I'm not sure about. I bought a fan for the esc and a fan/heat sinc combo for the motor. I'll check the solder joints

On my son's granite mega both nimh batteries that we use get very warm too. It's a lot of amps to pull from the battery so they get hot. Just like when charging, low amperage and the battery is cool but crank up the amps and it starts getting hot. I went 1 tooth down in size on the pinion just to help the esc,motor, and batteries stay a bit cooler.

I'm actually having the almost the same issue with my nephew's mega but the battery isn't hot at all. Just the motor and ESC , just curious if that might be a slipper adjustment or something?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back