Outcast Outcast V2.5 Heating issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something else I've been thinking as far as rolling resistance, most of my runs so far have been in the yard and while the grass isn't knee high by any means, it is taller and thicker, needs to be mowed just haven't done it yet. Would that cause enough rolling resistance to heat it up?

I bought my first arrma last week, decided on the 4s outcast v2.5. I have 2 losi lmt mega trucks 4s so didn't want to have to start over again on batteries. I binded the outcast to my spektrum dx5 rugged out of the box. Sunday I drove the truck for the first time playing around in the back yard and noticed the motor temp on my radio showed roughly 240 degrees. I pulled the body off and you could definitely feel the heat from the motor as well as the battery. I'm running spektrum 4s 5000mah 100c batteries. So I looked around and researched as much as I could and many said the fans that come on these trucks are better than nothing but not by much. I installed surpass rocket fans on the motor and esc. Took the truck out again today and max motor temp I seen was 208 degrees if running it really hard. It cools down very quickly with the rocket fan but still that seems pretty dang hot to me. Battery temp was 143 degrees when I called it quits and let the truck just sit with the fans on to cool off. Truck is bone stock aside from fans. I have a spektrum box to change settings but all settings are stock. I made sure nothing was binding in the drive train and it rolls freely. While it does roll freely I notice a pretty audible clicking/popping which I'm assuming is the center diff? I checked the mesh on the motor pinion and it has slack/isn't dead tight up against the diff gear. Anyone else have this issue or know where to go now? I absolutely love the truck but don't want to melt stuff out of the gate. Thank y'all!
Did you do 2 fans on the motor? If so what make and fan size! I might need these.

Something else I've been thinking as far as rolling resistance, most of my runs so far have been in the yard and while the grass isn't knee high by any means, it is taller and thicker, needs to be mowed just haven't done it yet. Would that cause enough rolling resistance to heat it up?
Yes, the length of the grass has quite some impact om the resistance and with that the top speed.

Yes, the length of the grass has quite some impact om the resistance and with that the top speed.
I know that question sounded stupid to a degree but I was thinking about it due to needing to mow the yard and realizing the grass is taller and thicker than I thought 😂

Nothing will heat up electronics faster than running hard in tall(ish) grass. So yeah, that could be it.
Going to mow Thursday evening. Going through the truck bearings and differentials this weekend as well to see what I can find 🤷🏻‍♂️

Took the truck apart today to do the diffs and install my M2C racing motor plate, all of the stock bearings checked good....except the 2 on the center differential housing, they were gritty and toast

Anyone else found the center diff oil very dark colored when they opened it to top it off?

Just got done running it in the back yard pretty hard, grass definitely needs to be mowed. Temp gun to the differential side/motor plate of the motor was over 200 degrees at the end of the run 🤦🏻‍♂️ and motor plate was really hot, starting to wonder if there's something going on in the differential itself causing extra strain and heat

Last edited:
Back