Vorteks No steering - no reason??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the-D-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Vorteks
Hi all,

So I took my Vorteks out for a first run on 3s, been using 2s before that, put the battery in, turned on receiver, then turned on the car, steering was working fine, then I had a slowish traction flip on grass and now no steering,...this was literally 15 seconds into the run. The rest of the functions are normal, just no steering, with no obvious reason, no blockages.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

D

Are any links over extended? It binds up sometimes that way. Also if not using a servo saver it's possible the servo bricked.
Can you manually turn the wheels? If so pay attention to servo and will feel and hear it skip over broken teeth. Lastly, even inside the receiver box it's possible the connection came loose or a wire broke.

You said no blockages so I am assuming you checked closely but it is very known for the 3s/4s chassis to get a rock or anything in the steering so just be sure there. Normally I just turn mine upside down and turn back and forth a couple times and it falls out. Beyond that, do what he said ^

well, if it is the stock servo, it broke. those spektrum servos are pretty much just future garbage.

Are any links over extended? It binds up sometimes that way. Also if not using a servo saver it's possible the servo bricked.
Can you manually turn the wheels? If so pay attention to servo and will feel and hear it skip over broken teeth. Lastly, even inside the receiver box it's possible the connection came loose or a wire broke.
There's literally no signs of anything, manually turning, the servo sounds normal,...opened the servo box to find everything as it appears it should be. Its like that truck in Beverley Hills Cop,..."It stopped man, it just stopped!" (That last part with the voice of Eddie Murphy) 😆
You said no blockages so I am assuming you checked closely but it is very known for the 3s/4s chassis to get a rock or anything in the steering so just be sure there. Normally I just turn mine upside down and turn back and forth a couple times and it falls out. Beyond that, do what he said ^
Yeah, thats the first thing I tried, sadly no joy.
well, if it is the stock servo, it broke. those spektrum servos are pretty much just future garbage.
Will they Replace though?

There's literally no signs of anything, manually turning, the servo sounds normal,...opened the servo box to find everything as it appears it should be. Its like that truck in Beverley Hills Cop,..."It stopped man, it just stopped!" (That last part with the voice of Eddie Murphy) 😆

Yeah, thats the first thing I tried, sadly no joy.

Will they Replace though?
yeah, you can replace it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back