Granite Noob questions I can't find the answer to.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricardo9000

Reaction score
Hey there,
I've been running Granite v3 BLX for six months and there are a few things I just can't figure out. I'd appreciate some help here.
1. Is there anyway to secure the battery while doing some heavy bashing? It always seems to slide out
2. The battery cable also doesn't seem to be secure. I pass it under the Velcro battery straps and the clips but it has come out and been damaged by the drive shaft.
3. The front tyres point outwards - should they be adjusted to point the same direction?
4. The front tyres hit the body when they balloon on a turn. Is this driver error? Otherwise I have to limit turning radius which seems not ideal.
5. The wheels are so wobbly - seems to be the ball joints etc... Is this something I should fix or is it something that folk just accept?

Answers appreciated.

Rich

About #4, I had that exact same issue. I used scissors to trim little diagonal sections / corners off the body in the front. It works great and still looks great. It doesn't require a lot of trimming.

About #4, I had that exact same issue. I used scissors to trim little diagonal sections / corners off the body in the front. It works great and still looks great. It doesn't require a lot of trimming.
Haha. I did the same - I was wondering if it was my error or "designed"
Oh and 6. The truck slams down hard off large jumps. I assume out of the box it's set up.for speed and not big jumps. Do most folk change the oil weight for larger jumps

Hey there,
I've been running Granite v3 BLX for six months and there are a few things I just can't figure out. I'd appreciate some help here.
1. Is there anyway to secure the battery while doing some heavy bashing? It always seems to slide out
2. The battery cable also doesn't seem to be secure. I pass it under the Velcro battery straps and the clips but it has come out and been damaged by the drive shaft.
3. The front tyres point outwards - should they be adjusted to point the same direction?
4. The front tyres hit the body when they balloon on a turn. Is this driver error? Otherwise I have to limit turning radius which seems not ideal.
5. The wheels are so wobbly - seems to be the ball joints etc... Is this something I should fix or is it something that folk just accept?

Answers appreciated.

Rich
1) You can purchase longer straps. Go side to side and front to back.
2) Replace any exposed wire with a new one.
3) You want some front tow out; this will allow you to track straight.
4) You need to run thicker diff fluid in the front, that will apply power to both front tires more evenly.
5) There will always be steering slop in RC, most of the time that can be fixed with aftermarket Aluminum parts.

1) You can purchase longer straps. Go side to side and front to back.
2) Replace any exposed wire with a new one.
3) You want some front tow out; this will allow you to track straight.
4) You need to run thicker diff fluid in the front, that will apply power to both front tires more evenly.
5) There will always be steering slop in RC, most of the time that can be fixed with aftermarket Aluminum parts.
I’d add:
2) secure battery wire under battery velcro
5) steering slop helps absorb impacts so you do want some (to an extent)

Last edited:
That's awesome. Thanks all.

With regards to tuning the shocks. The truck rebounds a lot on bigger drops .. is it worth experimenting with heavier oil?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back