Not Arrma but drone Lipo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim1990

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I figured with all the knowledge here, someone may be able to help. Well last Christmas I got a drone, Propel Gravitron (sp?) and I had just started a new job and never got a chance to use it. I just recently pulled it out and wanted to get it going but then thought about the Lipos just sitting for so long with no use and being new in RC I’ve read so many horror stories of leaving batteries sitting with out maintaing the charge. The casing and battery terminals are proprietary to Propel so I can’t check the voltage with my tester or Hitec charger. Any opinions on dangers of using the batteries or just buying new ones for $10 a piece and have the peace of mind?

If it came with its own charger you could always charge the pack/s in a safe place (out on the driveway or dirt area) with it then just put the quad into a hover a foot off the ground to check flight duration. Recharge and check them again. On the other hand a DVM (digital volt meter) is another very useful tool to have around for RCs. You can use the DVM probes to contact the pack terminals to check the total voltage before and after charging. Or for 10 bucks you could just buy new ones and have a piece of mind on the new lipos. A picture of the batteries would help as we might be able to show you options as to where to get a connector so you can use your Hitec charger for them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back