Now What’s Wrong With My Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recalibrate the esc / transmitter . Make sure when you power it on your throttle trim is at 0 and didn't get bumped . I think it'd press and hold set button turn on power , release set button , hold full throttle , wait for beeps , hit set , full brake , press set , then neutral, and I believe set button 1 more time.

Recalibrate the esc / transmitter . Make sure when you power it on your throttle trim is at 0 and didn't get bumped . I think it'd press and hold set button turn on power , release set button , hold full throttle , wait for beeps , hit set , full brake , press set , then neutral, and I believe set button 1 more time.
Check the throttle knob on the side of the transmitter. I have accidentally moved mine and had the same problem.

Unplug the servo and see if it boots. Even though it still steers a bad servo can cause your problem.
Unplugged the servo same issue
Throttle and reverse alters trim plus or minus. Hit the set button on start up and the transmitters displaying a warning now.

IMG_2681.jpeg

I've gone through so many Firma ESCs. The 150 is bad, and the OEM limited version is even worse. I killed a Firma 150 by cleaning the car, I blew an OEM Firma by pulling too much from its BEC, I destroyed one by shorting the motor wires and I've set one on fire overloading a motor. Burnt half my car to the ground.

I switched to the MMX8s and haven't had a single ESC problem since. Spektrum just can't make a good electric component for their lives and the only thing holding their brand together is manufacturing OEM horizon products.

Their 6S soft packs fail so reliably that they'll just trade one in OTS if you say it's got a bad cell. They drop below mV rating and ohmage by themselves because they auto discharge. Their receivers are the only thing that hasn't failed me repeatedly and they still suck.

Last edited:
I've gone through so many Firma ESCs. The 150 is bad, and the OEM limited version is even worse. I killed a Firma 150 by cleaning the car, I blew an OEM Firma by pulling too much from its BEC, I destroyed one by shorting the motor wires and I've set one on fire overloading a motor. Burnt half my car to the ground.

I switched to the MMX8s and haven't had a single ESC problem since. Spektrum just can't make a good electric component for their lives and the only thing holding their brand together is manufacturing OEM horizon products.

Their 6S soft packs fail so reliably that they'll just trade one in OTS if you say it's got a bad cell. They drop below mV rating and ohmage by themselves because they auto discharge. Their receivers are the only thing that hasn't failed me repeatedly and they still suck.
Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but I have several 6s trucks that still have the RTR ESC’s in them and they’ve all been fine. None run too hot, and I’ve used a fair variety of motors with them. If you overload the BEC with an amp hog servo or a ton of fans, lights, etc., then that’s on you and you know better. If you short the motor wires and it flames out, that’s not the fault of the ESC either. I’m not crazy about their servos, but even the radios and receivers are still serving me well. Not to say an appropriate Castle or HW ESC won’t be a better upgrade (they definitely are) but for the “basic” 6s basher, I’ve hade the best of luck with Spektrum ESC’s.

Unplugged the servo same issue

Throttle and reverse alters trim plus or minus. Hit the set button on start up and the transmitters displaying a warning now.

View attachment 318171
May have to hold full throttle while powering on the esc . It's been a while for me as I have Hobbywing or Castle electronics in my rigs . I had the same issue on my 6s truck and the recalibration fixed it for me . Maybe someone good with the firma units can help me out here

Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but I have several 6s trucks that still have the RTR ESC’s in them and they’ve all been fine. None run too hot, and I’ve used a fair variety of motors with them. If you overload the BEC with an amp hog servo or a ton of fans, lights, etc., then that’s on you and you know better. If you short the motor wires and it flames out, that’s not the fault of the ESC either. I’m not crazy about their servos, but even the radios and receivers are still serving me well. Not to say an appropriate Castle or HW ESC won’t be a better upgrade (they definitely are) but for the “basic” 6s basher, I’ve hade the best of luck with Spektrum ESC’s.
Perhaps it's the case that I'm rough with my ESCs! Most of my issues probably would have been prevented with increased caution 😆 That being said, I don't have similar issues with other brands. Even my VXL ESCs 3s and 6s have withstood my abuse, which has led me to believe this a Firma 150 problem.

All of mine presented with the green blink of death in their last day. Leads me to believe OP might be having an unrelated issue.

Perhaps it's the case that I'm rough with my ESCs! Most of my issues probably would have been prevented with increased caution 😆 That being said, I don't have similar issues with other brands. Even my VXL ESCs 3s and 6s have withstood my abuse, which has led me to believe this a Firma 150 problem.

All of mine presented with the green blink of death in their last day. Leads me to believe OP might be having an unrelated issue.
My VXL’s have been good as well. I can’t say the same for their motors though, they run hot AF.

I have had one firma 150a esc go up in flames in the talion EXB. I have two other firma escs in my kratons and they have been fine so far one's 8 months old the other is a few years old but not been used much they both have the stock servo's as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back