Old style Kraton 6s front body posts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modex20

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm fitting a bash body on a V5 Kraton, but the way the body is shaped in the front, the clips will only fit if they are oriented lengthwise instead of coming in from the side. Apparently the older Kraton body posts were this way in the front. Is there any way I can find them? I've searched around with no success.

Front body posts have been the same since V1. The rears were changed for V4.

Those Basher Bodies aren't always a direct 1:1 mold of the stock bodies FWIW.

Reversing the body post "Mounts" left to right and it may work. Changing the post's Offset, Clearing the body line crease where the pins insert. Generic fitting bodies can be this way. Work with what you got. Yes you can possibly even "cross dirll" the post to acommodate the pin's orientation. Been there.
Need to get creative. Never drill the post holes after it is painted. And never drill if the crease or lines don't work out. Best when the body is clear and unpainted to get the best fit. Not sure where you are right now.
Send some pix.

Here's where I'm currently at. I had to bend the clips in front to make them fit.

PXL_20230501_191854081.jpg

PXL_20230501_191858785.jpg

Are you sure they haven't changed?

how did @Uplift-RC get his front posts oriented lengthwise in his kraton here? https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/adjustable-body-posts-for-v3-kraton.28280/post-616279

And this video makes mention of the body posts being different at the 2 minute mark here

Sorry I am mistaken.

This is the exploded view of the V1 Kraton and Talion 6s.

AR320278

truyfuyt6yuiled.jpg

AR320278 is the part number for the body mounts, these are the mounts for the front on the V1-V3. But you will have to cut new holes to use those mounts as they are not offset.

1682978725013.jpeg

The easiest solution is just to drill new holes in the top of the body mounts.

Went for the drilling solution. Did the trick I think.

PXL_20230502_005414254.jpg

Still curious what you did @Tex Koder - my buddy has a 3d printer if you still have the file. Might play around with different alternatives.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back