Old film? stuck to body?? (Fixed!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Has anyone ever had protective film be stuck to the body before? I've never seen this happen before. I can't peel it up, it's too brittle and is almost stuck. One of my best paint jobs only to run into this at the end is beyond frustrating. I even tried to use a hobby knife and it is not working. :eek: :eek: :eek:
1691187775732.png

Has anyone ever had protective film be stuck to the body before? I've never seen this happen before. I can't peel it up, it's too brittle and is almost stuck. One of my best paint jobs only to run into this at the end is beyond frustrating. I even tried to use a hobby knife and it is not working. :eek: :eek: :eek:
View attachment 315340

Use Canola oil on the film.
Put a light layer of it on the film and let it sit for a couple of hours and it will dissolve it.

Don't let it sit over night.

Yeah I had a few bodies that were a bear to get the film off. Usually when the bodies are old and been sitting for years with the film on it. How I see it. If the body sat in high temps maybe, also making it harder to release with time. I've had other things with film on it that I never removed over years, etc. It was very hard to remove. Like some TV Remotes, control screens etc. Now I always remove them when new, first thing.
Try placing in the sink with warm or hot water maybe ??
I think a heat gun may be too much heat. IDK.:unsure:

Thanks for the ideas guys. I might try putting it in the trunk of the car for an hr or 2 haha.

Thinking outside the box... Maybe putting it in the freezer for a few minutes may help????:giggle:
Then a quick warm up of the film with a Blow dryer. It might separate better.
Trial and error.
Good luck.

Leaving it in a hot place worked well enough for me to manage to get it off!! It looks like some straight YOGA FLAME!!!!! too.

View attachment 315425View attachment 315426
Dude, that’s not your DBXLE-E is it?
EDIT: I guess not, I took a closer look. I saw the wheels and was like, wait a minute! But it did start some wheels turning in my brain about a 1/5 buggy…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back