On-road tires for GRANITE 3S BLX 4WD Brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDDAN

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello - I'm looking for recommendations for a set of on-road (asphault) tires for my Granite 3S BLX brushless.

If anyone has done this with a fair amount of success, please chime in.

Thanks....Dan

Sometimes I run the DBoots Katars from a vortex on my Big Rock. They grip and slide decent.
They are 14mm tho

20211016_193228~2.jpg

@HDDAN ,
When you say On road. You mean for REAL speed running or just bashing on Pavement???
For real speed on Pavement, Many use GRP or Hoons.( belted and speed rated)
For just bashing around on pavemnet/asphalt, any tire will work. What you got right now.
With the above GRP's and Hoons, you will need to convert your axle hexes to 17MM.
Many do this.
Going to smaller diameter tires will require a motor pinion gear change (larger one). Or you will be running much slower than with the stock larger wheels.

Welcome to AF.
:cool:

I got a set of DBoots Katars from a Vorteks, and they totally change the way the granite drives. I feel like they're a tad small for the size of the Granite, makes it look a little funny. that being said, that was a cheapish way of getting the granite more onroad ready. Compared to the stock tires, the katars are smaller so the ride height is slightly lower, they grip on hard surfaces a lot more

hope that helps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back