Typhon Opinion on pinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcNOLA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
I have a 3s blx platform with a 6s system installed. Steel spur keeps destroying cheap Amazon pinions that claim to be hardened. I keep trying to adjust slipper to no avail. Any recommendations on some quality 32p pinions? Thanks.

I have a 3s blx platform with a 6s system installed. Steel spur keeps destroying cheap Amazon pinions that claim to be hardened. I keep trying to adjust slipper to no avail. Any recommendations on some quality 32p pinions? Thanks.
Saga. Good luck. You don’t want the next thing in line to break be harder to fix. That’s a ton of power through a 3s car.

I use Tekno or Robinson Racing hardened steel pinions in most all of my RC vehicles. I prefer Tekno: they have a larger grub screw that can be tightened better (less potential for stripping the head) than the pinions with smaller grub screws.

Saga. Good luck. You don’t want the next thing in line to break be harder to fix. That’s a ton of power through a 3s car.
Oh she's upgraded with everything you can find for that platform. I mostly drift it around corners and medians. The carnage happens if I smack into a curb under power.
I use Tekno or Robinson Racing hardened steel pinions in most all of my RC vehicles. I prefer Tekno: they have a larger grub screw that can be tightened better (less potential for stripping the head) than the pinions with smaller grub screws.
I've decided to go with Tekno because they seem to be the only ones using a M5 screw.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back