Typhon Guys i need your opinion should i get this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Kraton 6s
If I get it I need to sell some stuff so I'm not 100% I would have to sell my old stampede and slash and switch but there all busted so I think it's worth it?

1000001464.jpg
1000001465.jpg

A Decent Radiolink radio will cost you another $60 -$80. Rx is included.

A new V5 Typhon is complete, never used, and WITH a 2 year HH warranty is $500.00. Warranty can be priceless to some of us. Something to consider.
$300. 00 Used without radio, doesn't seem like the best price around IMHO. Used Smart lipo is meanlingless. Extra set of road tires there, I tried same Fat 53/107 Felony tires already. Not the best tire choice for the Typhon. I feel they sucked. Just me. So 300.00 just for what shown is not a good price to me. $200. is better . 250. at the very most. Its your wallet. These RC models don't hold any used value like you think. Shop around. Can get a new one on a good deal. The Better choice. Think with your wallet, not with your heart. Be smart about it. I know you really want one bad. I love my TLRT Typhon.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...-with-spektrum-firma-rtr-black/ARA8606V5.html

Last edited:
I might pass, or make a lower offer. You can pick up the typhon on sale for $400-450 at times, brand new and with a 2 year warranty. This one would require you to get a receiver and or new remote (depending on what you currently have already) which will up the overall price for you. For $300, I think I would expect to atleast get a fully "working" RC, but that's just me.

If I get it I need to sell some stuff so I'm not 100% I would have to sell my old stampede and slash and switch but there all busted so I think it's worth it?

View attachment 338142View attachment 338143
Hard to say yes or no .🤷 .I personally only bought one used rig .my kraton 6s and I drove a few hours just to look at it in person..buying used is tricky ,if you can't actually drive it ..due to the nature of this hobby things can happen from one sec to the other .you really don't know the history of it and how the seller treated it .you need to use your best judgement and hope for the best..if you cant see or drive it before purchase.good luck
I might pass, or make a lower offer. You can pick up the typhon on sale for $400-450 at times, brand new and with a 2 year warranty. This one would require you to get a receiver and or new remote (depending on what you currently have already) which will up the overall price for you. For $300, I think I would expect to atleast get a fully "working" RC, but that's just me.
After reading better ,it's not fully working 🤔 yeah I'd pass..I agree with you hector

I bought mine used on eBay for $375, and ended up spending another $200 to get it up and running. If you don't mind spending the time and $ to get it, I'd say go for it.
If it came with more stuff, maybe. I'd pass. Plus, they don't even know how to spell Arrma. :rolleyes:😂
My wife doesn't buy anything from people who don't know how to spell. lol. So naturally, neither do I.

The seller doesn't appear to be a real Rc'er. Or with any experience. Probably tried it and said its not for him??? IDK. He probably wants to buy that new skateboard now. Impression I got. Seems that way maybe. Also, many RC sellers just buy them up cheap and resell them quick. A simple few key questions will give you an idea what he was doing with that Typhon. Looks to be rather used, looking at the chassis' bottom. Chassis could even be bent or the 3 diffs need an overhaul. $100.+ right there. 6s diffs are needy and often abused as well. Hidden costs. That will cost some more $$$ also. Only offer $200. Tops. Or pass on it.
Look it over carefully for damage, proper running and needed maintenance.
It might turn out easily costing you way more than the $5 bills for a new one, with 2 yr warranty in the end.

There are many who try these RC's out, never wrenching on them one time, all abusive driving etc. They crap out, then tossed in the garage for months, eventually dusted off and sold as is, trying to get the most coin for them. One sign of that is the fact it has One 7k mah Smart lipo. Tells me who is buying all that. Not a seasoned RC'er IMHO. Just my guess. Sometimes you need to try and read between the lines.
In Person face to face sale is always best. :giggle:

Last edited:
I bought mine used on eBay for $375, and ended up spending another $200 to get it up and running. If you don't mind spending the time and $ to get it, I'd say go for it.

My wife doesn't buy anything from people who don't know how to spell. lol. So naturally, neither do I.
I would not mind spending for a new one.

^^^
That's a V2 OC??? Looks like a mut. It has NO T2T! I don't see one! So it looks like a V1 OC or even a V1 Notorious with an OC body from 5 y+ years ago, if, anything remotely close.
Pass!!
Another one sitting there inoperable for months on end, broken shock. collecting dust in the corner of a basement shown for sale in filthy condition no less.
Offer $100. if anything. Its broken. Says 30 bucks to fix it??? BS. There is more to that than meets the eye here. No more than $100. Firm. Looks like an old mut. I would never consider selling Filthy and Broken stuff at that price. Just me.
Maybe he is charging you extra for the Gorilla taped body, IDK.:LOL:

That's a V2 OC??? Looks like a mut. It has NO T2T! I don't see one! So it looks like a V1 OC or even a V1 Notorious with an OC body from 5 y+ years ago, if, anything remotely close.
Pass!!
Another one sitting there inoperable for months on end, broken shock. collecting dust in the corner of a basement shown for sale in filthy condition no less.
Offer $100. if anything. Its broken. Says 30 bucks to fix it??? BS. There is more to that than meets the eye here. No more than $100. Firm Looks like an old mut. I would never consider selling Filthy and Broken stuff at that price. Just me.
It's ok I was joking about that one lol it's a peice of crap nah don't worry I found one in my home town I'm getting it a typhoon 6s with double body's and 2 Batts or more and my fav reiciver and transmitter the slt3 with I think 300 or 315

+!
I know it's hard to find good ones. Be Patient and you will find one.(y)

It's ok I was joking about that one lol it's a peice of crap nah don't worry I found one in my home town I'm getting it a typhoon 6s with double body's and 2 Batts or more and my fav reiciver and transmitter the slt3 with I think 300 or 315
And on top of all that only 250 bucks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back