Kraton opinions on ESC BEC voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
Never really messed around with ESC voltage before but then saw my servo would produce an extra 5kg of torque if i upped the voltage from 6v to 7.4v

My primary decision was steering power, bought a new servo from Aliexpress, very cheap in price, only "£12 i think but the steering felt a little underwhelming even though it states its 40kg in the specs.

Now what i noticed immediately after changing the ESC voltage was that my fans were considerably louder. This is a good thing which should mean the RPMs are maximised

But what are the draw backs of running the ESC at higher voltage?

I imagine the ESC temps have potential to get higher, i imagine the lipo battery will drain a little quicker but what else should i be looking out for?

Never trust specs on a Chinese servo - they are often overrated. You can watch some of RC Review’s videos on YouTube where he tests servos and you can see how overrated the specs are.

As far as running higher voltage BEC, there is potential for higher current draw. For example look at ProModeler specs for different BEC voltages and see how stall current goes up in direct relationship with BEC voltage. You don’t want to exceed your ESC’s capability.

https://www.promodeler.com/DS630BLHV

Never really messed around with ESC voltage before but then saw my servo would produce an extra 5kg of torque if i upped the voltage from 6v to 7.4v

My primary decision was steering power, bought a new servo from Aliexpress, very cheap in price, only "£12 i think but the steering felt a little underwhelming even though it states its 40kg in the specs.

Now what i noticed immediately after changing the ESC voltage was that my fans were considerably louder. This is a good thing which should mean the RPMs are maximised

But what are the draw backs of running the ESC at higher voltage?

I imagine the ESC temps have potential to get higher, i imagine the lipo battery will drain a little quicker but what else should i be looking out for?
I would run as high voltage as you can, that servo will likely wear out quickly regardless. Which is fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back