Out of the box, into the bushes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mykranili

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hello everyone. As I stated in my introductory thread, I've been running RC for a while, built a few Kyosho and Tamiya kits and eventually got a Typhon 3S, but that all got shelved when I got into planes. On a whim, I decided to get a Typhon 6S V5, and I love it, but out of the box it has a steering alignment issue that I wanted to ask you guys about. With the stock SLT-3 TX and the steering trim centered, the front wheels are visibly angled to the left. Also, when I tried to move the bellcrank over a tooth on the servo to compensate, it just moved the front wheels too far to the right. Of course I can trim everything out, but then it limits the steering to one side and like all of my hand-built kits, I try to get it as centered as possible.

I haven't had a chance to really dig into this car yet. I take it that slight adjustment issues out of the box are a common problem with these cars? I tried searching for similar threads but the only steering related threads I found were ones for 'modded cars; I'll probably keep this thing stock. What are the steps to straighten this thing out? I'm also on the lookout for out-of-the-box adjustments to make to these cars, so I'll probably have questions on that as well. Thanks in advance; happy holidays everyone...

Hello everyone. As I stated in my introductory thread, I've been running RC for a while, built a few Kyosho and Tamiya kits and eventually got a Typhon 3S, but that all got shelved when I got into planes. On a whim, I decided to get a Typhon 6S V5, and I love it, but out of the box it has a steering alignment issue that I wanted to ask you guys about. With the stock SLT-3 TX and the steering trim centered, the front wheels are visibly angled to the left. Also, when I tried to move the bellcrank over a tooth on the servo to compensate, it just moved the front wheels too far to the right. Of course I can trim everything out, but then it limits the steering to one side and like all of my hand-built kits, I try to get it as centered as possible.

I haven't had a chance to really dig into this car yet. I take it that slight adjustment issues out of the box are a common problem with these cars? I tried searching for similar threads but the only steering related threads I found were ones for 'modded cars; I'll probably keep this thing stock. What are the steps to straighten this thing out? I'm also on the lookout for out-of-the-box adjustments to make to these cars, so I'll probably have questions on that as well. Thanks in advance; happy holidays everyone...

You just need to reset the endpoints.
Make sure you Center the steering trim First ,Before you set endpoints.

And, lift the vehicle off the front wheels while you're making these adjustments

Last edited:
You just need to reset the endpoints.
Make sure you Center the steering trim First ,Before you set endpoints.

Oh wow, thanks for the quick response! I'll check that out ASAP!

PS: Should I have done this for my Typhon 3S also? Although when I got it back in 2018 it was fine out of the box...

Last edited:
^^^^what Tex said.

1) set mechanically with Rx off at servo horn. If it’s favored left or right-adjust steering link from horn to Ackerman bellcrank. If not adjustable, adjust with tie rods (turnbuckles).
2) turn on transmitter with steering trim centered. Set steering endpoints. I prefer to have them completely turned down, and adjust from “less to more”. When it becomes limited mechanically by max throw exceeded, back down a tick or two.
3) take it out to flat ground (preferably pavement, or a well groomed track surface), and dial in your steering trim.

Donezo. 🤙

If your servo link is not adjustable you can make one using a set of Traxxas Ultra shock ends and a 4mm rod. I like to have my bellcranks centered so I run these links on all my 6s Arrmas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back