Outcast Outcast 6s EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I bought an Outcast 6s roller with a servo already installed. So I slapped in my old school Ttx300, a spectrum motor from my Infraction and a BLX 150 ESC. It didn't go well with the 20T pinion. The BLX hit thermal and stayed there permanently. It's toast. So I'll be putting smaller tires and a 16t pinion. I'll be using the TC Sketer tires so that I don't kill another BLX. I run a spectrum 150a and spectrum motor on my EXB MOJAVE with a 20t pinion, and its been doing fine, but the tires on the Mojave are much smaller.

20221003_102359.jpg
20221003_102532.jpg
20221003_110229.jpg
20221003_110301.jpg

Those Sketer tires will be pretty small looking on that rig.

20T is too big to run on the stock spectrum crap with that rig. You should really add a Max6 1650kv, then run the 20t pinion. It is a blast.
The "speed" pinion it comes with is I think a 17t. Why not go with a 14t and the stock BF tires if you are planning to use the stock electronics? Will be a much more fun rig.

Last edited:

20T is too big to run on the stock spectrum crap with that rig. You should really add a Max6 1650kv, then run the 20t pinion. It is a blast.
The "speed" pinion it comes with is I think a 17t. Why not go with a 14t and the stock BF tires if you are planning to use the stock electronics? Will be a much more fun rig.
We'll see. I have a hybrid Typhon 6s running the MMX8S and HW motor (the 4985) with the 23t pinion. Yeah it's a beast. Yeah the spectrum stuff is OK, but I have to run with what I got. I can't buy anything RC stuff for like at least 5 years minimum.

We'll see. I have a hybrid Typhon 6s running the MMX8S and HW motor (the 4985) with the 23t pinion. Yeah it's a beast. Yeah the spectrum stuff is OK, but I have to run with what I got. I can't buy anything RC stuff for like at least 5 years minimum.
I would switch that to the Outcast and put the 150a and 2050kv in the Typhon.

Wheel weight and the weight of a vehicle in general has a big impact on which pinion you can run. 16t is the speed gear that arrma ships with the Outcast. 12 or 13 tooth is stock for bashing. 20 is just way too high for stock electronics and those tires. I run a 14tooth in mine and with a fan I don't have any problems. I tried a 16 but it was pretty toasty even with the motor timing turned down.

Wheel weight and the weight of a vehicle in general has a big impact on which pinion you can run. 16t is the speed gear that arrma ships with the Outcast. 12 or 13 tooth is stock for bashing. 20 is just way too high for stock electronics and those tires. I run a 14tooth in mine and with a fan I don't have any problems. I tried a 16 but it was pretty toasty even with the motor timing turned down.
Thanks for the input. I'll probably slap some smaller tires on it. And I might just swap bodies between the hybrid Typhon and Outcast 6s too since the Hybrid Typhon has the MMX8S and 1650KV motor in it. I think it can handle the bigger tires better than the stock system.

The 4s Outcast tires run well on the 6s. Those are what I’ve been running. Also the redcat Kajui tires aren’t bad either.

The 4s Outcast tires run well on the 6s. Those are what I’ve been running. Also the redcat Kajui tires aren’t bad either.
What gearing are you running? Stock system? Thanks. I put the Kaiju tires. They look big enough for me. The Sketer tires were a bit too small :

20221005_123846.jpg
20221005_124735.jpg
20221005_124741.jpg

So I tried my Outcast EXB on 4s with the Kaiju tires and 16t pinion. It looks fun enough for me and what I want. I got 35mph on dirt/grass, so not bad at all. I think that I'll run it like that. ESC and heat were OK with 86F outside weather.

20221006_105919.jpg
Screenshot_20221006-110045_GNSS PA.jpg

Looks fun enough :

What gearing are you running? Stock system? Thanks. I put the Kaiju tires. They look big enough for me. The Sketer tires were a bit too small :

View attachment 248118View attachment 248119View attachment 248120
Sorry I didn’t see this. I run a 16t pinion with the older blx185 system. On bare dirt it could go a little higher, the kuiju tires are nice size but do balloon a little more. Another option is the original Proline badlands, they are smaller than the 6s backflips, maybe the same diameter of the Kajui tires but narrower.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...MItum8iMrQ-gIVljizAB2OegLNEAQYBSABEgIIw_D_BwE

Sorry I didn’t see this. I run a 16t pinion with the older blx185 system. On bare dirt it could go a little higher, the kuiju tires are nice size but do balloon a little more. Another option is the original Proline badlands, they are smaller than the 6s backflips, maybe the same diameter of the Kajui tires but narrower.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...MItum8iMrQ-gIVljizAB2OegLNEAQYBSABEgIIw_D_BwE
Thanks. I slapped on the Kaiju tires. On 4s, it's plenty of fun. I wouldn't trust the Kaiju tires and 16t pinion on 6s. I tried them on my Hybrid Typhon 6s with the MMX8S and 1650KV HW motor 23T pinion and I exploded one of them like in 5 minutes. The Sketer tires had no issues with the high speed, but the Typhon sits too low with those tires. Still, those tires have impressed me since they have not become unglued not even once. And they are very durable. I slapped them back in the Sketer. Yeah I think those proline tires are the smaller 3.8 badlands right? Yeah, I use them on my Maxx V2. I think that they are a bit too small for the O6S. I tried them out, but I didn't like it the look. I'll take pictures for comparison.

Backflip LP's balloon less than the 6s BF's. Are lower profile. Same BF traction. So you can get away with 16T. LP's are less $$ than the Badlands.
16T is more like a "pavement only" speed gear for the RTR electrics. But I do run it with the Noto on dirt and grass. Sucker does get hot in warmer climates. Need a good fan solution.

Soo the stock pinion is 12T? I didn’t the 16t pinion. I felt that was too much for the stock spectrum system indeed. Thanks. 12t pinion it is. With the big stock tires, I'm assuming this thing doesn't need fans on the motor?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back