Outcast 8s discontinued? Store just got them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow u seem very bitter about this product line lol. Did u own one? If so u think it's worse or better than the xmaxx 8s or maybe kraton 8s?
I always have to say I never owned one. I've said that numerous times. I only driven one for like 3 min, if that. But that did not sway my opinion in regards. I already stated why I am not a fan of the 8s line.
Most here feel if you never had one, you are not "qualified" to offer any opinion. I beg to differ. I explained this also.
The shorter Wheelbase OC8s would be my preference, over the longer K8s, if anything. And the OC8s has longer/taller shocks at the front. (matching the Rear shocks) K8s has shorter front shocks and Fr Tower. And this also makes no real sense to me why. Many end up buying the Front OC8s shocks and Tower for their K8s's. Arrma screwed up this whole platform IMHO. It is not popular and for many reasons, Don't you think by now.??????
Those that swear by theirs either are gluttens for punishment, or their Misery loves company. I always get flamed for saying that. I don't care. Not all of Arrma stuff is all that. And I am not a fanboy of any one brand.
I am not a TRX guy. I do have a TRX4 Crawler all optioned out. Few if any Trx parts even remain on it, only because I was gifted it.
Prefer my 2 Axial Crawlers better.
I think the Xmaxx is probably better hands down, if I had to guess. It is much lighter, with that plastic chassis.
Go with your gut if you really want one.
Get it out if your system.
Then sell it if you don't like it and it is not for you. All I can say. The choice remains yours and yours only.
Enjoy.:cool:

Last edited:
No complaints over here. 😎
I value your opinion always. Just that you are an Expert with an expert level 8s......:LOL:
How much have you invested into yours?
I don't need to know. I can guess.:D

I value your opinion always. Just that you are an Expert with an expert level 8s......:LOL:
about 250 invested in mine, not counting electronics. Basically just a chassis and rear dog bones and to make it even funnier my exb chassis is still usable. I'm not sure what is supposed to be so hard about arrma 8s rigs. jrc makes all the parts cheaper and if you ram any rig into a tree it will break. Little common sense doesn't mean you have to be expert level.

matter of fact, it's even easier to successfully land jumps with bigger rigs. They fly better and require less correction.

Just gonna go ahead and leave this here. Looks like $420 for a max5 g2, the g1 1100kv that fits, and a great servo that tons of people run.

View attachment 310125
View attachment 310126
Reasonable, so you got an $800 RTR that would need another $200 in a chassis to do half of what my 6S Mojave 420mm Extra wide jumpers do on BLX chassis/towers/braces. AND… still slower than a 160A ESC/4092-4985 $200 motor combo on 6 cells 🤔. Enjoy putzing around over “big bumps” with your 1” larger diameter backflip tires 👍🏼

Edit-The little kids at the park will be impressed though 😂

1688833698190.jpeg

Last edited:
Still enjoying my K8S, buddy enjoys is O8S. We did the shock piston mod first thing on his RTR, no bent shocks. We do jumps but not to the moon.

$399 is a great deal even if you just need tires and a body!.. I should have waited :ROFLMAO:

Is that a jab.. 🤣

Probably not as much as you think. I got both my 8s trucks when they first came out, and the Outcast was on sale for $700.
I left the O8s as stock as possible but changed out the motor and esc for some Hobbywing stuff as it’s pretty tame in stock form. Other than that a few arms, the rear turnbuckles to the exb ones and a couple wing mounts. Total investment not including batteries of course, probably around $1100-1200.
So not bad imo. 🤷‍♂️

I went over board with my K8S though. Most of the M2C goodness and castle stuff. I’ve got well over 2k total invested.
Was it necessary..? idk Do I love it? Definitely!

^^^ I believe you.
Would you do it all again..is the question. :giggle:
Do you/can you really bash them as Hard as your 6s' Arrma's?
Honestly?:cool:
Twist my arm.

^^^ I believe you.
Would you do it all again..is the question. :giggle:
Do you/can you really bash them as Hard as your 6s' Arrma's?
Honestly?:cool:
Twist my arm.
I would definitely buy them again but I wouldn’t go crazy with upgrading and just address the major issues as they present themselves.
And YES I bash them as hard or harder than anything else I have.
Honestly!!

Reasonable, so you got an $800 RTR that would need another $200 in a chassis to do half of what my 6S Mojave 420mm Extra wide jumpers do on BLX chassis/towers/braces. AND… still slower than a 160A ESC/4092-4985 $200 motor combo on 6 cells 🤔. Enjoy putzing around over “big bumps” with your 1” larger diameter backflip tires 👍🏼

View attachment 310139
You sound dumb af tbh. People complain about 6s blx chassis the same as 8s. it really seems like you just can't afford another rig and you're salty af. What other reason is there to come in here with this nonsense? I mean really? You didn't even try to think this through lol.

Huehuehue my 8th scale is faster than your 5th scale Huehuehue. My limitless will smoke your mojave! See how dumb that sounds?

Huehuehue my smaller rc was cheaper than your bigger rc so mine is better! Huehuehue

I can't believe this poop 🤣

@Romper4444, @Hammer Down is quite happy with his.
There you go , a happy camper with 2 8s's.
Disregard what I stated above.;)
I am happy! I just don’t understand your obsession with this line… 🤷‍♂️

Just buy one already!! 🤣

@Hammer Down , I hate to say it, but I would rather buy the XMaxx.(y)
Imagine that.
Seriously. If someone gave me an 8s rig free, I would sell it quick. Want no part of it.
Not joking. :cool:
But remain open minded to a complete new Arrma 8s Platform.... if that day comes.
And it better be 10 pounds lighter.:LOL:

Last edited:
@Hammer Down , I hate to say it, but I would rather buy the XMaxx.
Imagine that.
Seriously.
I have the Xmaxx, xrt, k8s and o8s and I wouldn't pick the Xmaxx over my o8s. Maybe the xrt over the k8s but it would be a tough choice.

You sound dumb af tbh. People complain about 6s blx chassis the same as 8s. it really seems like you just can't afford another rig and you're salty af. What other reason is there to come in here with this nonsense? I mean really? You didn't even try to think this through lol.

Huehuehue my 8th scale is faster than your 5th scale Huehuehue. My limitless will smoke your mojave! See how dumb that sounds?

Huehuehue my smaller rc was cheaper than your bigger rc so mine is better! Huehuehue

I can't believe this poop 🤣
Is your bigger rc faster than mine on grass too 🤡 there’s a reason speed records are held on and off-road by 1/7 scale.

Whatever Arrma thinks a 430mm OS8 is for marketing, but it sure as hell isn’t 1/5 scale even though it weighs as much as a real 30* North or Losi. Mojave is 420mm and OS8 is 430mm, it’s literally just an oversized pudwhacker that can even backflip from 30ft wide open as evidence from your video. A fireteam can pull that stock tires and 4S RTR electronics 🤷‍♂️

Anyone busting 6Sv5 stamped aluminum chassis is purposely trying to be an idiot or newb, there’s a reason EXB is discontinued.

Different strokes for different folks, nobody started anything until someone said 6S was small/underwhelming, I bet you tell chicks your peepee length in millimeters.

Last edited:
+1
My FT is a pig and rather heavy, and is a tank, at 16 +/-pounds. The heaviest 6s Arrma rig out the box. And to me, probably the most durable 6s Basher platform I own right now. And its a rocket, considering its weight, with only stock electrics and the speed gear. I run that speed gear for everything, Bashing and all. It has the least amount of upgrades of all my 6s platforms.
But we all drive differently , a given.

Last edited:

View attachment 310139
@SrC burner account 🧐??????

Is your bigger rc faster than mine on grass too 🤡 there’s a reason speed records are held on and off-road by 1/7 scale.

Whatever Arrma thinks a 430mm OS8 is for marketing, but it sure as hell isn’t 1/5 scale even though it weighs as much as a real 30* North or Losi. Mojave is 420mm and OS8 is 430mm, it’s literally just an oversized pudwhacker that can even backflip from 30ft wide open as evidence from your video.

Anyone busting 6Sv5 stamped aluminum chassis is purposely trying to be an idiot or newb, there’s a reason EXB is discontinued.

I love how you guys bash the poop out of 8s rigs but then if a 6s rig breaks it’s “yOu dOn’T kNoW How tO dRiVe!”

Whatever Arrma thinks a 430mm OS8 is for marketing, but it sure as hell isn’t 1/5 scale even though it weighs as much as a real 30* North or Losi. Mojave is 420mm and OS8 is 430mm, it’s literally just an oversized pudwhacker that can even backflip from 30ft wide open as evidence from your video. A fireteam can pull that stock tires and 4S RTR electronics 🤷‍♂️

Who holds the off road record?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back