Outcast 8s discontinued? Store just got them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i lost the interest with the 6s cars after owning rigs like x maxx and kraton 8s earlier, my only options would be a 1/6 or 1/5 scale, everything else feels too light and small where i drive it.

That said im not worried for durability since the k8s did well for me, and maby the outcast is even more durable when it comes to rear center drive shaft and chassis.

I cant find anything about that it’s confirmed by arrma that they will stop making outcast 8s, either way kraton 8s is still selling as before right?

BACKORDER | Next Shipment June 2021
Yeah right.
Nice price if i could bought it for that i would done it right away.
You definitely missed out, when I first posted it it was working and people here on the forums got it =(

Yes i lost the interest with the 6s cars after owning rigs like x maxx and kraton 8s earlier, my only options would be a 1/6 or 1/5 scale, everything else feels too light and small where i drive it.

That said im not worried for durability since the k8s did well for me, and maby the outcast is even more durable when it comes to rear center drive shaft and chassis.

I cant find anything about that it’s confirmed by arrma that they will stop making outcast 8s, either way kraton 8s is still selling as before right?

BACKORDER | Next Shipment June 2021
Yeah right.
Nice price if i could bought it for that i would done it right away.
Back in stock now.

The smaller 1/8th 6s and 1/10th 4s stuff doesn’t work in my terrain. Large 1/5 stuff does and there is nothing like 1/5th flying at 50ish mph down large gravel. 🤣
Exactly!! I love how the 8s line just floats across rough terrain that would typically flip or roll any of my 6s rigs. 🤙

Just got my second one. Couldn’t resist. First one was $420…$820 for both 🤙🏼👍🏼😎
ford truck GIF by Off The Jacks

Just got my second one. Couldn’t resist. First one was $420…$820 for both 🤙🏼👍🏼😎
ford truck GIF by Off The Jacks
Gotta put $5-600 per rig into electronics just to get away from its own shadow though 😂

Edit-not even including a decent servo and batteries 😬

Gotta put $5-600 per rig into electronics just to get away from its own shadow though 😂

I know what I got to do, it ain’t my first rodeo...😁
Also it’s way cheaper than buying a bunch of spare parts for my other one 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you Absolutely want it buy it.
Just I woud be weary of discontinued Products. IMHO the 8s line was a bust. Might as well get it out of your sytem if you want it.
I don't expect any new 8s coming soon. They need to completely revamp that 8s platform. It is a 30+ pound rig.. That I say is 10 pounds too heavy. With some common durability issues that Arrma never resolved. Very costly to own and maintain. $200.+ for tires alone is ludicrous for upgrade better tires
But don't let me rain on your parade. We all see RC differently.
Remember that this is an Expert Level Platform and not for the faint of heart. With a light wallet.

HH and Arrma are dumping whatever inventory they have of them onto the LHS's. So HH can Off every last one of them from their inventory. Just My opinion. One that some others will disagree with.
Whatever your choice, have fun.

Yeah because it is a slow seller. Not a hot item anymore. Like it even ever was? No more hype. HH is probably dumping them onto LHS's at steep discounts. Like they did several months ago. HH will not say it is discontinued until every last one is gone. They need to keep selling and promoting it. And so the LHS's will still have interest in them. Production stopped IMHO. prove me wrong.

I can paste all the threads here with all the same recurring 8s Flaws without any real Arrma fixes. The list gets long.
Yet many will say theirs is perfect, and no worse than any other model.:rolleyes: Maybe misery loves company.....:giggle: While others are just glutens for $punishment$. IDK.
You be the judge.
Buy one for VERY cheap, and sell it if its not for you. Make it work for you. Don't pay full retail whatever you do. And make sure All the parts are still available.
With Cash in Hand, I am sure most any LHS will sell it for half off. What they got it for anyway , just to off it quickly.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/ok-8s-rear-bearing.63596/
Wow u seem very bitter about this product line lol. Did u own one? If so u think it's worse or better than the xmaxx 8s or maybe kraton 8s?

I wanted an outcast 8s bad.. its like 1 day everything I read says they're awesome amazing and the next day everyone hating on them... I've always been to worried to buy one 😬
No complaints over here. 😎

No complaints over here. 😎

I've often wondered if the bad reviews or opinions came from those who either just got a bad one (it happens) or from some that have never owned them....

Or those who fly them to the moon not expecting something to give. More weight in my opinion needs to stay closer to the ground. Physics and such.

I have no idea.

I've often wondered if the bad reviews or opinions came from those who either just got a bad one (it happens) or from some that have never owned them....

Or those who fly them to the moon not expecting something to give. More weight in my opinion needs to stay closer to the ground. Physics and such.

I have no idea.
I just bought my 3rd Arrma 8s if that tells you anything. I’m not rich but I do work for myself. Quit drinking a year ago and justify dumping my money into rc’s instead of booze. If I thought they were junk or too brittle I wouldn’t own three. There are definitely some 8s haters on this forum 🤷🏻‍♂️ I say you only live once 🤙🏼

I wanted an outcast 8s bad.. its like 1 day everything I read says they're awesome amazing and the next day everyone hating on them... I've always been to worried to buy one 😬

I love the look of the Outcast 8S, that would be the one Id get. Great looking body and I got to play with one some time ago at a Hobby Store and it's BIG and nasty looking.
But there are many putting 8S or high in 6S Arrmas with lots of luck. Thats im im doing now, using the largest footprint the Arrma 6S offers and putting 8S power in it. Upgrade what breaks and can't handle the power and, you know. Spend twice as much money and do things the hard way (an Arrma Rep is laughing at me in the distance) What? That what I always do.

FnLDet6XwBEfzV-.jpg

I love the look of the Outcast 8S, that would be the one Id get. Great looking body and I got to play with one some time ago at a Hobby Store and it's BIG and nasty looking.
But there are many putting 8S or high in 6S Arrmas with lots of luck. Thats im im doing now, using the largest footprint the Arrma 6S offers and putting 8S power in it. Upgrade what breaks and can't handle the power and, you know. Spend twice as much money and do things the hard way (an Arrma Rep is laughing at me in the distance) What? That what I always do.

View attachment 310041

They do look epic man. Nasty the same way a 70 or so nova does in your rear view. Like its gonna chew you up.

Just gonna go ahead and leave this here. Looks like $420 for a max5 g2, the g1 1100kv that fits, and a great servo that tons of people run.

823E3BCB-2199-4095-B7E5-231065195EF1.png

93D5C182-2751-4A44-9F4B-29D99257F50E.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back