Outcast 8S EXB ESC heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazrack

Reaction score
Trying a Max6 gen 1 in my Outcast 8S EXB but it seems to over-heat before I LVC even with two 4s 5200 mah 80c batteries.
If somehow I attached another fan or bigger blowing on it do you think it would solve the issue?

Powerwise with 39:39 Hobbywing 800KW it seems to be enough for me.
My new Kraton 8S EXB RTR with 39:39 Hobbywing 800KW and stock firma ESC does not overheat with two 4s 11000 mah batteries.

Haha yes but it’s because my MAX5 is on the bench.

I just tested my crappy Max5 8awg to 10awg IC5 soldering with a Xmaxx 6s motor, atleast it works good on the bench.

Yeah, that motor can pull upwards of 200 amps. Considering the gearing, I'd say you're exceeding the G1 max6 capacities.. gear down or change motor/esc..unless you're trying to start a fire? 😉🤣
Between the batteries and esc, something should ignite..

Not only that, but a well-dressed outcast.

I don’t know how that Firma 160 is hanging on in a Kraton 8S, the v2 must be a max 6G2 reprogrammed…
I'd say it's barely holding on by the fact that it's hitting thermal shutdown in winter before the 5.2a batteries reach LVC! LOL I can't imagine those batteries would run much longer than maybe 7 minutes?😬 Hope the thermal protection circuit holds up.

Firma 160 v2 insnt going into thermal on kraton 11000 mah

But

Max 6 gen 1 is going into thermal on outcast 5200 mah

Both 39:39 800kv hobby wing 56113
Today I will put the Max5 back in outcast.

Firma 160 v2 insnt going into thermal on kraton 11000 mah

But

Max 6 gen 1 is going into thermal on outcast 5200 mah

Both 39:39 800kv hobby wing 56113
Today I will put the Max5 back in outcast.
That is surprising, I would have really thought the v2 Firma 160 was the same tech in a new wrapper, perhaps not? What tires on each truck? Same? Regardless, I am impressed that the v2 Firma is holding up to that load. I have the v1 Firma 160 in my rtr v1 K8S behind a 5687 1100 Firma motor currently. Haven't seen any real temps on either yet since I haven't run the truck much. I do however have a v2 Firma 160 on standby. I didn't put it in yet since I didn't expect any true performance advantage but, maybe there is?
I think I'll pull the g1 max6 from my Xmaxx, replace that with the V1 Firma 160 to get the 8.4v BEC. Then drop the v2 Firma into the K8S. The max6 can go back to the K6XL..that will give me 7.4v BEC in that which is surely better than the VXL8S it currently is running..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back