Kraton Help me decide? Outcast or Kraton 8s Exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrJoe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
I cannot make up my mind between the Outcast or Kraton 8s.

I already have a heavily modded Traxxas XRT, Sledge and Tekno Mt410. I was going to get an Xmaxx, but it needs to many mods out the gate so looking back at Arrma now. Especially as their new 8s rigs seem pretty tough and gave great electronics out the gate.

Any arguments for one over the other for jumping, blasting and a few backflips.

1000017581.jpg

Not sure what mods an X-Maxx needs right out of the gate? A gear swap and RPM hinge pins?

I like my 8s Outcast better than my 8s Kraton. Beings you already have the XRT, for something that behaves different, I’d get the Outcast.

Not sure what mods an X-Maxx needs right out of the gate? A gear swap and RPM hinge pins?

I like my 8s Outcast better than my 8s Kraton. Beings you already have the XRT, for something that behaves different, I’d get the Outcast.
Esc, hinge pins, spur & pinion, wheels on the Xmaxx...

Yea thats what people are telling me, Kraton is similar to XRT so get Outcast, but wondering if I prefer look of Kraton. Probably why I have so many truggies :geek:

Outcast if you aren't adding more power, but also get the Xmaxx if you tend to not land your jumps

I ripped my first Xmaxx for a year with the stock gears, tires and esc. The hinge pins are a great $10 mod, but the rest doesn’t necessarily “need” to be changed out of the box.

I ripped my first Xmaxx for a year with the stock gears, tires and esc. The hinge pins are a great $10 mod, but the rest doesn’t necessarily “need” to be changed out of the box.
Which do you prefer out of the Xmaxx and your Arrma 8s rigs?

Which do you prefer out of the Xmaxx and your Arrma 8s rigs?

I’d say my list goes

Xmaxx
Outcast
XRT
Kraton

The Xmaxx has always taken a beating in basically stock form and kept going. The Outcast has a big power set up that makes it just a rowdy fun truck. The XRT is powerful with great handling. The Kraton to me is just a heavier XRT.

I have my Xmaxx set up with a max6, stock motor and 20/50 gearing.

The Outcast has a max5 with a 980kv and I think 32/39 gearing.

The XRT has a max5 with an 1100kv and 25/35 (I think) mod 1.5 gearing

The Kraton has a max5 with a 1270kv TP motor with I THINK 30/47 gearing.

Light duty basher here. I just love the Xmaxx myself. Super fun straight out of the box for me, I do agree, the stock wheels break fairly easy in cold weather, fine in the summer though. IDK about the hinge pin issues, I mean yes, I've seen what happens where the arms flex too much and spread, which allows the pins to come out. Just haven't experienced it. I put zipties around the arms so they can't spread, have to replace them from time to time but seems to work for me.
I have the v1 K8S with V2 Firma 160/1100kv combo. Too new to give much feedback but, it's already obvious to me that they need much more space than an Xmaxx to do it's thing. Also much less forgiving when it comes to running into stuff, all that mass really carries a penalty.. I've never bent a pivot ball on a 6s rig, didn't take long on an 8s Arrma. My bro bent both upper pivot balls on his O8S. I think they're a bit undersized for the size/weight of the 8s trucks. Surprised there aren't any real upgrade offerings for them.

I’d say my list goes

Xmaxx
Outcast
XRT
Kraton

The Xmaxx has always taken a beating in basically stock form and kept going. The Outcast has a big power set up that makes it just a rowdy fun truck. The XRT is powerful with great handling. The Kraton to me is just a heavier XRT.
OK that just makes my choice easier. Outcast it is
... I've never bent a pivot ball on a 6s rig, didn't take long on an 8s Arrma. My bro bent both upper pivot balls on his O8S. I think they're a bit undersized for the size/weight of the 8s trucks. Surprised there aren't any real upgrade offerings for them.
I found titanium pivot balls if my stock ones go ill grab the titanium ones

Outcast > xmaxx. Especially if you plan on sending it. Jumps better, handles better, faster, etc etc. Xmaxx better at rolling over during turns and looking goofy. You also already have an xrt though I think xrt and k8s are very different.

Outcast > xmaxx. Especially if you plan on sending it. Jumps better, handles better, faster, etc etc. Xmaxx better at rolling over during turns and looking goofy. You also already have an xrt though I think xrt and k8s are very different.
Hahaha hilarious. Outcast it is hahaha 🤣

The Arrma 8s EXB drives more planted big solid tank than Traxxas 8s.

They are heavier and more suited for power upgrades.
I still like both. If only one, TRX for me. Cheaper to own and operate. I'm not a speed junkie though, so that has alot to do with my choice. I been blasting around in the snow this past week with my Xmaxx. The K8S isn't invited to that party, I'm afraid it will break. I may be wrong, but not interested in finding out either. The Xmaxx goes over snow soo nicely, no way the K8S could be so graceful. Then there's runtime..if I'm only getting 12 minutes from the X, I imagine the K8S to be maybe 8 minutes..

Back